PCGU1000 - Is changing frequency "smooth"?

I have an application where I would need to constantly change the generated frequency in a smooth fashion. When changing the waveform period (ex: from 16.0ms to 16.1ms) through the API, it is important that the current period completes its 16.0ms cycle before immediately starting a new 16.1ms cycle. In other words, there must be no delay in the waveform generation (which would create longer-than-expected periods) and no sudden reset (which would create shorter-than-expect periods).

Can someone tell me if successive calls to the SetGen() function (where only the frequency is different) will provide smooth frequency changes like described above? Or is there any other way of getting smooth frequency changes with this product?

Also, my application would need to change the frequency very often (up to every 16ms!). Does anyone know if the function is light enough to be called that often without taking too much CPU time?

Thanks,

[quote]When changing the waveform period (ex: from 16.0ms to 16.1ms) through the API, it is important that the current period completes its 16.0ms cycle before immediately starting a new 16.1ms cycle. In other words, there must be no delay in the waveform generation (which would create longer-than-expected periods) and no sudden reset (which would create shorter-than-expect periods).[/quote] Sorry, but these requirements go beyond the capabilities of the PCGU1000 function generator.
There is always a pause before the new waveform settings take effect.
Also the new settings are set without waiting that the ongoing wave period completes.