Output problem

I am trying to interface my Velleman VM110N with a stepper driver card.
I am connecting the clock output to one Card output channel & to a second output channel via a slot sensor (HY301) & a transistor (BC546).
I am using all 8 outputs as 4 pairs.
Sometimes all works as planned, sometimes the slot sensor is “ignored”.
Swapping the transistors around moves the problem.
I have a BMP file of the circuit but I can’t work out how to attach it.

[quote]Sometimes all works as planned, sometimes the slot sensor is “ignored”.[/quote]One possible reason to this problem may be some sort of electromagnetic disturbance.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11629

[quote]I have a BMP file of the circuit but I can’t work out how to attach it.[/quote]You can upload the picture to a free file hosting service and post the link here.

Any chance you could recommend a safe site?

[quote]Any chance you could recommend a safe site?[/quote]I have used: servimg.com/
It is very easy to use - I hope safe too…

Couldn’t work out how to register with Servimg so used Imgur.
Url is imgur.com/Dd0RoX9
I have shown just one module of the four.
It may be, simply, that I’m using the wrong transistor or missing some resistors.
3 sections seem to work ok.

Supplementary question is it possible to add more inputs to the V110N?

Keith

[quote]Sometimes all works as planned, sometimes the slot sensor is “ignored”.[/quote]Due to the 10ms USB “sampling” interval, shorter pulses may not be detected.

[quote]Supplementary question is it possible to add more inputs to the V110N?[/quote]I’m sorry, it is not possible.
An alternative solution may to use the K8061/VM140:
8 analogue 10 bit resolution inputs: 0…5 or 10VDC / 20kohm
8 digital inputs: open collector compatible (connection to GND=0) with on board LED indication

or VM167:
5 x analogue 10 bit resolution inputs: 0…5V / (30K)
8 x digital 5V inputs/outputs with on-board LED indication: Input/output mode is selectable in groups of 4 terminals

Thanks for the alternative boards suggestions.
I had considered the 0861 but it meant developing a terminal system (I like Screw terminals).
Ref the slot sensor problem, the sensor moves quite slowly so slow detection is not a problem.
I started out on the premise that blocking the slot would stop the signal being grounded.
It didn’t quite work & I thought it might be that the current was too high for the sensor so I routed the signal through the transistor & drove the transistor with the sensor.
It seemed to work when driving a led and three out of four also seem to be working.
I just can’t see why the fourth isn’t.