Only moves to home/house

Hi!
We assembled the K8200 3d printer yesterday and we are currently working on how to make it work.
I have downloaded the drivers from the instructions, i’m currently using the repetier host 0.90C, Baud rate at 250000 and disabled reset on connect. We are using windows 7, 64 bit. I have downloaded arduino and uploaded the marlin.ino file. I have also tried resetting several times. It does go to home via the manual control but wont respond to any of the other manual controls. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I need an answer as soon as possible as this is a school project.

I got these messages in the log just now

10:26:26.159 : Error:checksum mismatch, Last Line:20
10:26:26.159 : Resend:21
10:26:26.196 : Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart!. (Temperature is reset. Set it before restarting)
10:26:31.253 : Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart!. (Temperature is reset. Set it before restarting)
After trying to use the manual control

Can you also post your temperatures at the time of the error?

The temperature of the heating bed and the extruder doesn’t change when the error comes up. Neither of them is turned on, so the heating bed is at ca: 20,30 degrees C, but the extruder for some reason says: 763 degrees C

You should check the wiring for the thermistor on the extruder.
Unplug the thermistor from the control board and meter the pins.
at room temp you should see around 100K ohms.

763 degrees C that is indeed the problem and also the cause of the errors.
Follow the instructions of Wrong Way, that should you get back on track.

I have the same error but my temps stay at a steady 190* and 50*. I will check the ohms from the thermistor’s. Could there be another issue?

I checked the resistance and the extruder is at 115.4 and the hot bed is at 107.6.

Hi,

If you unplug Therm 1 and Therm 2 does the temp drop to 0C?

Yes.

If it drops to 0C this means that the control board is ok.

It sounds as if you have a short in the wiring or the thermistor is not mounted properly.

Edited.

When you say same error which one are you talking about?

9:36:53.904 Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart!. (Temperature is reset. Set it before restarting)

I WAS getting the 700 what ever degrees C on the hot bed at first so I replaced the wire and that’s when it started heating and reading the correct temp but still wouldn’t let me move X Y or Z.

Is there any wind or draft blowing on the printer?
It sounds as if the temp is dipping on the extruder or the bed.

Check your extruder and make sure the thermistor is properly mounted.

Have you rebooted everything printer, computer?

It’s in a climate controlled room with our Fortus 400mc printer. I have rebooted the printer but not the computer so I can try that. I’ll go through the thermister wiring again.

I rebooted everything and the Z motor wont move, I can feel it try but no rotation. I checked it and I’m only getting .005v and when I try to adjust it nothing happens. The Y motor only moves 10 mm away from home and stops. The only other thing that changed is that now when I try and make the hot bed move it doesn’t do anything, not even an error message.