Question, can i print Nylon with the Delta?
In the Repetier it is not there, how can i make that work?
Like to get advice.
Where are the Velleman advisors???
Hello @TomE ,
We do not have a cura config file for Nylon filament(s). But technically it would be possible with some adjustments on the printer (and make a config file). But rather because this filament type is very difficult for printing and less user-friendly (not plug & play). This for several reasons why:
- Prone to Warping
- Air-tight storage required to prevent water absorption
- Improperly dried filaments can cause printing defects
- Not suitable for moist and humid environments
Requirements for the 3d printer, to be able to print with nylon filament.
- Heated Bed Required: => Temperature: 70-90 °C
- Enclosure Recommended
- Hotend needs high Temperature: 240-265 °C
- May require All-Metal hotend (including nozzle).
Source technical printing issues:Ultimate Materials Guide - 3D Printing with Nylon (simplify3d.com)
So these are the reasons why we don’t support nylon filament.