Nozzle setting after installing inductive probe

Hi,

I have recently installed an inductive probe for auto bed leveling and cannot for the life of me configure the firmware to lower the z axis below the inductive probe position and because of this the nozzle is to high from the table to print.

Could someone please help me to find the latest version of the K8200 firmware and EEPROM settings for auto bed leveling? This there somewhere I can download the firmware will all auto bed leveling configuration setting complete?

Changing define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0 to a negative number does not seem to have any effect to the distance between nozzle and table.

Thankks

I think you may be in for a bit of a project, unfortunately. Looking at the K8200 Marlin code branches, it seems that the auto bed leveling logic was apparently added to the Marlin code repository after Velleman branched off the K8200 code.

You would need to get the latest Marlin code and then modify it to work with the K8200. I am not sure what obstacles you will run into, as I have never attempted to run the latest Marlin on the stock K8200 controller board.

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/RC/Marlin

You would need to customize the code to run on a K8200. I have documented some of the code changes needed in my Dual Extruder thread.

http://forum.velleman.eu/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16560#p77422

Then you will find the auto bed leveling code in Configuration.h, along with a range of configuration options:

//============================= Bed Auto Leveling =========================== //#define ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING // Delete the comment to enable (remove // at the start of the line)
This should all be possible, but you may run into compatibility problems with the Velleman controller. If that doesn’t look like it will work, you could replace the Velleman controller with an Arduino MEGA 2560 and a RAMPS shield, which is known to work.

Porting the latest Marlin firmware onto the Velleman controller might not be a big project, but you won’t know until you try.