Nozzle gets stuck immediately after starting printing PLA

Hello

Just received and assembled my K8400 3D printer…

But as soon as I start printing a model it seems the extruded amount of PLA filament is too slow…and therefore the nozzle head gets stuck soon after one or two minutes…so have to disassemble it again…

I am using the M-1.0-V-1.4 firmware…

Tried with the regular 200steps/mm and 145steps/mm extruder speed…no joy…

Any ideas?

That’s the reason why I wrote this:

ddd.k8400.hoehnemann.net

Maybe you can find some useful hints …

A less drastic approach to K8400 printer problems is to consult Raby’s very good Wiki:
http://www.k8xxx-3dprinters.crimed.be/w/index.php?title=Vertex_K8400_3D_Printer.
The most likey reason for stuck filament is a too high melt temperature for your filament brand.

Bert is correct Raby did a very nice job.
You may want to look at the retraction setting in the Cura configuration.
This is how I have mine set.

Using firmware version M-1.0-V-1.4 and the default 200 steps/mm is I think pretty common. It means flow rate must be near 75%. Not a big issue IMHO. Filament brand may require adjusting this up or down 5% or so.

I went through a time thinking there was debris lodged in the nozzle, as prints would start OK then flow would drop and the extruder motor would make a bumping sound. I was using the default temperature for too long I think. Using a guitar string ensured the hole was free but it did not clear the debris. What worked for me was this: Rather than taking the nozzle fully apart as shown in the Wiki, I only removed the bowden tube from the top, then heated the nozzle (using Repetier but the LCD would work also) and pushed some filament through manually, then pulled it up and discarded the molten tip. I repeated this a few times, and it’s been good ever since. The theory is to pull the debris up with the molten tip.