No serial port connection from controller board

Hello,

Yesterday I plugged in my velleman k8200 and I got an error code saying that it could not find the serial connector port. I went into the printer settings, in Repetier, and the option for the serial port for the controller board was gone. I’m running the default Repetier package (Repetier-Host Mac V.102) that Velleman recommends for mac. To make sure it wasn’t a software issue, I checked the dev folder to try an find the USB serial connection, and there was none. I have the drivers for the FTDI chip installed and before yesterday everything was working perfectly. I went ahead and switched the cables to see if it was a cable issue and no bueno. All I get when I plug in the USB cable to my computer is LD5 and LD6 flash briefly then stay off. I then did a visual inspection of the USB connector on the board and everything looked fine, but I went ahead and did a continuity test as well and everything is good. I was wondering if this might be an FTDI chip failure, and if so, I was hoping that there might be some trouble shooting steps to see if that’s the case. I’m open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!