No PC connection, and strange behave of board

Hello everybody, and support :slight_smile:

I have build the K8200 3D printer, and trying to connect / print for the first time, but having a lot of problems trying to connect the printer and Pc.

I am using win 8, and it sucessfully installed the driver for the board, the red and green diode is on when connected, and i seems like there is connection between the printer and the Repetier host, but i read no tempereture, and nothing is working.

Another strange thing is, when i connect the power supply, the red and green light goes off, another green light a Little higer up the board, flashes a few times and then goes off, then no light is on at all, and nothing is working.

I cant control the printer manually, cant read temperetures, cant do anything, printer is completely dead.

I have checked all wiring, and even tryied to connect to the board, with all of the connection to the motors, extruder, switches, ect, off, in case it is at short cut there is the problem, but i dident change anything.

What am i doing wrong?

Regards Mike.

What you are seeing with the LEDs is normal.
Do you have the baud rate set to 250000?
When you click on the connect button in the software does it turn green?
In the printer settings do you have Reset on Connect set to disabled?

What do you see in the log area?

That sorted out the problem :slight_smile:

It was the baud rate that was set at a wrong value.

Thank you for your help, and fast reply :slight_smile:

Glad to hear itโ€™s working
Enjoy

I have had the same problem with the first start up of my printer. Iโ€™ll change the baud rate tonight and see if that fixes my problem.

THANKS!

Battman,

In the settings of the printer.
Also make sure Reset on Connect is set to Disabled.