No Connection to Printer usual solutions not working

Hi Guys

I am using my printer some weeks now. However today it failed to connect to repetier.

When I check the hardware manager I see the printer and it seems okay at least no issues reportet there.
I also checked the voltage of the power supply since this was reported as the problem. When I measured it it showed 15.41V
so I assume thats not the issue right?
I also tried to reinstall the driver as well as the repetier software, but didnt help either.

What else can I do? What could be the problem?

I am greatfull for every help I can get to get it working again. I desperaterly need to print some things before sunday. PLEASE HELP ME!

best regards,
Christian Rutschmann

Also the message that should appear when connected this FIRMWARE MARLIN stuff is not comming up either.

Tried two other computers. Same issue. I cant connect the printer. Is de board defective?

You are certain that the COM port in your printer configuration and the COM port that was assigned by Windows match?

Yes i checked it moultiple times.

Hi velleman

Please help. I realy need the printer.

Is the board defective?

Best regards,
Christian

Hard to tell from a distance.
In order to be sure, you can return the board for inspection/repair/exchange.

Please return it to:

Velleman Projects Tech. Dept.
Legen Heirweg 33
9890 Gavere
Belgium

Hi

What else could it be? I am just asking because sending it belgium from switzerland is very expensive.
What else can i test to fins iut whats realy wrong?

Best regards

after pressing connect on the computer try pressing the reset button on the board (top right corner of the mainboard)

Hi

Tried that already. After i press reset the green led flashes shortly and afterwards i do not see any leds on.
Also on the computer there is no feedback. It doesnt connect either.

Best regards

What USB cable are you using?

Please also post your complete Repetier log after you press connect, or post a screenshot of Repetier in case of an error box.

There is nothing in the log.

When i press connect the button switches after 5s so you could disconnect. But nothing is shown in the log.

When i go to the manual control tab of repetier it stats that 6 actions are pending.

Com port of the printer in device manager shows com6 and the printer settings in repetier is also set to com6.

the log doesnt show the firmware marlin and so on. In effect nothing is written and the log is set to display everything.

So i guess someting is of with the board. I also tried 2 other usb cables but still the same.

Hi,

In Repetier go to Config --> Printer Setting
Under Connection make sure Reset on Connect is Disabled.

Hope this helps.

Hi

Ok I changed the settings and the back to your suggestion. I have a driffrent result now but still not working

11:38:35.163 : Serieller Verbindungsfehler:System.IO.Ports.SerialErrorReceivedEventArgs
11:38:35.303 : N1 M110 *2
11:38:35.303 : N1 M110 *2
11:38:35.303 : N2 M115 *4
11:38:35.303 : Serieller Verbindungsfehler:System.IO.Ports.SerialErrorReceivedEventArgs
11:38:35.303 : N3 T0 *25
11:38:35.303 : N4 M105 *3

But with this I can figure out more.

What does it mean?

Best regards,
Christian

Hi

Finaly I found a way to connect again. I changed the baudrate to 250000 and now connection is possible again.

Best regards,
Christian

You should go through the rest of the settings and make sure they match the manual.

Glad to hear it’s working again

Please configure your printer as instructed in the manual

k8200.eu/news/?id=810 (Repetier-Host 0.90c)

The error System.IO.Ports.SerialErrorReceivedEventArgs is typical for an incorrect baud rate.