Nixi clock

Hello,
A while ago I purchased a clock and built it. Works like a dream. I now encountered a small problem. Some of the digits seem to flicker not the whole digit but say the 5 digit the horizontal bar of the 5 flickers. The 2 digit did this also and I re did all the joints in the high voltage section and the display to no avail. Can some one help please.

Anton

This is very strange.
Please carefully measure the HT.
If the HT is correct, then we suspect a bad nixie tube.
In that case, please return the kit for inspection/repair.

Hello,
I was using a 500ma transformer and had a 12v 1500ma transformer the 1500ma transformer seems to have solved the “2” problem but the “5” seems to flicker a bit on the horizontal bar will keep a lookout and see what happens.

Otherwise it is working perfectly. Thank you for a great kit.

Thanks
for reply.

Anton

Hi Velleman, After checking unit for a while I measured the HT and it was showing 160V. I replaced the Hi voltage diode with a 1n4007 1000v and it fixed all. Ht was still 160V

Thanks

When you guys bringing out a nixie tube clock with seconds.

Anton

At this time we do not have such plans, as we do not have a source for a large quantity of nixie tubes at a good price.

Hallo support team.( I have started an new issue regarding K8099 nixie. This thread is very old. Just look if your team is on the line)
All the best