Nice retraction test

Exiting! Printer is shaking and rattling like crazy but it’s getting there :).
Printing PLA on 0.2mm layer thickness, 33mm/sec, 200C, 74% Flow.
Retraction is set to 3mm, 150mm/sec.
Total print time: about 5 hours.

Very nice ! Congratulations!

i hope you are not triggering any earthquakes!

looks great!

That’s incredible. Very impressive. I’m really impressed with the printer so far. The quality is hard to beat when you get it right.

That looks really nice! Keep up the good work.

I haven’t thanked you yet, but now today seems to be the day :slight_smile:
You have helped me much with your pictures and sharing your settings. It has made it a lot easier for me and for that I am very grateful!

Regards
Mike

You’re welcome Mike!
But please note that I’m not an expert at all, this is my first printer. I do try to read and test as much as possible and I believe in sharing of knowledge and experiences. I’m quite surprised what quality you can achieve by finetuning, certainly taking into account that this is quite a cheap printer that you can/have to build yourself.

No guarantees on these settings of course ;).

Happy printing

Erik

Looks fantastic Erik! Absolutely fantastic! And thank you for all the tips :slight_smile:

I wish I had more time. I’m also very satisfied with the print quality on PLA which is really astonishing! This is my second printer… or actually fourth since I tried three units of CEL Robox and after third unit failing too I decided to take my money back and take another approach.

Facts I don’t have but my intuition says that there is no reason why we couldn’t get on par with Ultimaker 2 or even past it in print quality! (At least if browsing images of Ultimaker 2 prints)
Since Ultimaker costs three times the Vertex, I consider this unfair match! :smiley: Ultimaker 2 seems to be considered the best FDM printer after all.

About shaking and rattling, the machine really has to be on a rigid table. My table is a bit flimsy and during fast reciprocating movement the bed may start to shake too.

Cheers!
-Ari

[quote=“ronkeli”]Looks fantastic Erik! Absolutely fantastic! And thank you for all the tips :slight_smile:

I wish I had more time. I’m also very satisfied with the print quality on PLA which is really astonishing! This is my second printer… or actually fourth since I tried three units of CEL Robox and after third unit failing too I decided to take my money back and take another approach.

Facts I don’t have but my intuition says that there is no reason why we couldn’t get on par with Ultimaker 2 or even past it in print quality! (At least if browsing images of Ultimaker 2 prints)
Since Ultimaker costs three times the Vertex, I consider this unfair match! :smiley: Ultimaker 2 seems to be considered the best FDM printer after all.

About shaking and rattling, the machine really has to be on a rigid table. My table is a bit flimsy and during fast reciprocating movement the bed may start to shake too.

Cheers!
-Ari[/quote]

Ah, another refugee from the barren wastes of Robox land! Delighted to meet up with you again - were you the gentleman who first advised me about the Vertex on the Robox forum? If so I’d like to say thank you! It’s been a great purchase, and a great experience. Finally printing in the quality I dreamt of with a printer that’s already dual nozzle capable. Well done sir on your recommendation!

[quote=“biscuitlad”]

Ah, another refugee from the barren wastes of Robox land! Delighted to meet up with you again - were you the gentleman who first advised me about the Vertex on the Robox forum? If so I’d like to say thank you! It’s been a great purchase, and a great experience. Finally printing in the quality I dreamt of with a printer that’s already dual nozzle capable. Well done sir on your recommendation![/quote]

:smiley: The land I’ll never return! Seriously, it was a nice machine with a lots of potential if it would have worked. Nice to meet you too!
I do consider myself a gentleman, yet I may not be the one you’re referring to. I think we both have to thank “Chris” from the forum, I think he was the one that spotted Vertex first.
Thank god he did indeed! :smiley:

Hello

Nice to hear that my advice was good :slight_smile: also very impressed about vertex now when i got it finally working :slight_smile:

Chris

Well, and then there were three! Wonder how many more will jump ship? While there were some things they got right with the Robox, I am not convinced by the idea of needle valves. Especially when you make the decision to piggy bank on open source code by post processing it, but fail to then open that code to others who could help you. They are basically shooting themselves in the foot.

Very, very happy with the Vertex and their open source approach. And the support on here from Velleman seems prompt, fair and knowledgable. It’s impressive when you consider the price.

Really nice to hear that you got finally a working printer after all the troubles :slight_smile:
My Robox worked “okay” for some prints, but now with vertex i don’t have anymore time to think
how to get good prints with robox, so for me it is just a dust collector :smiley:

Chris

I’m still hoping to get a refund… :-s

Yes, nice and good work - but you can NOT use all the time if you print ABS. There are a lot of prints who overtax on this settings. Be carful if you use it because your print is bad and your
nozzle blocked !