New ActiveX Control and demo programs for K8055 board

I’ve created an ActiveX control for the K8055 board together with sample programs in C# and Visual Basic (VS2010), Excel using VBA, LabVIEW, and HTML via JScript. The code works under XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit versions). The package includes full documentation, both as a a PDF manaul and as compiled html Help that is available in the design time environments for the application programs.

For more information please see my website at arembe.com

I downloaded and installed your ActiveX control for the K8055 board together with sample programs and the documentation.
The documentation is very good!
I run the sample programs too.
The HTML, C# and Visual Basic samples work OK.
At the moment I have no LabVIEW installed to run the sample.
With Excel sample I got following error message:

Thanks for trying out the code.

I suspect that the problem with the Excel workbook is that it made reference to ActiveX controls that were not installed on your machine. I’ve updated it to include references only to the controls it needs; the new code can be downloaded from our site. The image below shows what the updated references are.

[quote]I suspect that the problem with the Excel workbook is that it made reference to ActiveX controls that were not installed on your machine.[/quote]Indeed, there was one missing ActiveX control:

After unchecking it, the Excel demo v1.0 works fine.
Strange thing is that the new Excel demo v1.1 doesn’t work.

The old demo v1.0 works fine even if I use only these references:

Thanks again for testing the Excel workbook v1.1.

The bug that stopped it operating was caused because when the workbook opens the code that updates the address selector was causing the selector change event to occur. When only one card was connected this meant it was not left in the open state when the workbook had finished opening. I’ve fixed this in version 1.2 by using a boolean variable to stop the selector change event as the workbook opens.

Thank you for the update.
I tested the C#, Visual Basic and the Excel demo also with K8055N and VM110N cards - works fine!
Also a combination of different cards works fine.
Tested with the following combination: Two K8055, one K8055N and one VM110N card.

Now the Excel demo works, but there is still a minor problem in the code:
If two or three cards are connected and if the card addresses are not starting from 0 then the Board Address selector doesn’t work OK.
Example:
Cards with addresses 2 and 3 are connected.
In the Board Address selector there are “Address 2” and “Address 3” shown as should be.
When you select “Address 2” then card 0 is tried to open.
When you select “Address 3” then card 1 is tried to open.

I’ve now fixed the bug with the board address selector in Excel, so it works with any combination of board addresses. Also fixed a bug that made the control versions 1.1 and 1.2 not insertable into a new workbook. The new version is 1.3 and is now on the Arembe website.

There is still a minor problem.
It seems that the Location of the AREMBEUSB.OCX is not accessible.
I can’t uncheck it and use the Browse button to locate the OCX in the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

I’ve gone through the Excel workbook and checked that the reference for the .ocx file points to the Windows system32 or SysWOW64 folder, and I think it’s now OK. The resulting version 1.4 of the package is on my site, as in another demo workbook that I’ve called a sequencer in that a pre-defined set of program steps, each of which defines the settings of eight digital and two analog outputs, is output in turn to the K8055 USB Experiment Interface Board.

It seems that in a 64-bit Windows the .ocx file is put to SysWOW64 folder (OK), but the reference for the .ocx file points to the Windows system32 folder.