Need help using the KA02 Audio Shield

Hello,

I recently purchased the KA02 Audio shield. I downloaded the sketch to the Arduino Uno and enter case commands into the serial terminal.
I receive the “Sketch is starting up” and “PU RDY” messages but haven’t figured out how to record or play back anything through the Arduino and KA02.

Does anyone have some basic instructions on what to do once the sketch is running?

BTW the record and playback functions do work okay through the buttons on the KA02 board.

Thanks.

in the code you can see:

switch(c)
{
	case 'A':
		Serial.println(chip.rd_apc(), BIN);
		break;
	case 'Y':
		chip.play();
		break;
	case 'P':
		chip.stop();
		delay(500);
		break;
	case 'E':
		chip.erase();
		delay(500);
		break;
	case 'R':
		chip.rec();
		break;
	case 'F':
		chip.fwd();
		delay(500);
		break;
	case 'Z':
		chip.g_erase();
		delay(500);
		break;
	case 'I':
		Serial.println(chip.devid(), BIN);
		break;
	case 'W':
		Serial.println(apc, BIN);
		chip.wr_apc2(apc); //
		break;
	case 'S':
		Serial.println(chip.rd_status(), BIN);
		break;
	case '>':
		startAddr=SerialIn();
		Serial.print("startAddr: ");
		Serial.println(startAddr);
		break;
	case '<':
		endAddr=SerialIn();
		Serial.print("endAddr: ");
		Serial.println(endAddr);
		break;
	case 'y':
		chip.set_play(startAddr,endAddr);
		break;
	case 'r':
		//chip.set_erase(startAddr,endAddr);
		//delay(500);
		chip.set_rec(startAddr,endAddr);
		break;
	case 'e':
		chip.set_erase(startAddr,endAddr);
		delay(500);
		break;
}

all the cases and then a letter are an action so if you type ‘Y’ in the serial terminal the board will start to play and so on.

Thanks for the reply.

I was able to record and play back with the “R” and “Y” case commands successfully.

I’m having a hard time understanding the case command syntax for the startAddr and endAddr.
I was thinking I would be able to have recorded segments that I could playback through the Arduino depending on their recorded location.

Is there an example of the case command I would use to both record several segments and then the case command to play back a particular segment?
I’ve tried to set a start and an end Addr and then record and play back in that range but no luck.
If I type a “>” with an integer and then a “<” with another integer I though that might set the range that I could record and play back to.
For example: with a “r” start integer, end integer and to play what what recorded in that segment a “y” start integer, end integer. This didn’t work for me.

Thanks for any examples.

i’m also looking for a way to communicate with the “sound library” to have the possibility to choose to play a specific files (sounds)

is it possible to play registered files “à la carte” ?

txs for reply

please can someone from VELLEMAN assist

est il possible de commander les morceaux à jouer à partir de la carte arduino : exemple jouer track 1 ou jouer track 2

beaucoup de personnes on la même question sur les forums mais sans réponse, merci pour votre aide

Is it possible to play specific files with arduino ? exemple play track ONE, play TRACk 2 …

I see on the forum the same question (a lot but no answer

thanks for helping us

What files would you play?.. neither the Arduino nor the shield has a file system

I want to play the files recorded with the shield KA02.
exemple : iv’e recorded 2 files (or 2 sounds) and want to call that or that sound depend of a sensor.

were are going the file in the schield ?

is it possible ?

j’aimerais enregistrer des sons avec la carte KA02, leur donner un nom
et puis savoir les jouer en les appelant par leur nom.

est ce que c’est possible ?

thanks for help

Yes, I see what you want to do. The library you use is not developed by us (Velleman), it is actually an open source library for the ISD1760 sound chip that is on the KA02:
github.com/georgepatterson/ISD17xx

From what I can see in the features of the ISD1760, it supports “Single/Multiple messages”. I will try to find out how that works exactly and let you know.

thank you very much,

it will be very good