My k4800 as worked perfectly but now she doesn't start :-(

Hi everyone,

My k8400 dual extruder has worked perfectly during 3 month.

Today I unmlount extruder 1 to change it.

After, i restart the printer but he does not start… the screen is always completely empty (no character, nothing on ! And sometimes 2 lines with the - character). Second thing, the two exrtuder are always eatingµ. The plate does not move, like x or y axis.

I tried reset…no change

I tried recharge the firmware 1.4 for dual extruder with arduino 1.06 on COM 3 (jumper on progamming and no power supply during the flash)… no more change on standalone start ! (I respect the procedure on the website)

What can I do ??

Change the mother board ?

anything else ?

It’s like de BIOS does not start the printer…

I tried connect it with usb and repetier host for wellemen… it connects !
I can move x, y, z axis !
The two extruder automaticaly heating… and greater then 210 degres !!!
I have not tried to print from repetier…

Any suggestion ?
What can I do ? (my method to flash the motherboard is not good ? trouble with drivers for extruders (why a startup it’s always heating ?). is there a way (on hardware) to reset in factory settings ? Do i need to change motherboard ???

Thank you in advance for your help !!! It will be very appreciate !

(and sorry for my bad English spoken…)

Slash75000

It sounds like your printer is working, but your (k8201) stand-alone controller isn’t.

If you did some physical work on the printer and then the display stopped working, I would check the connections to the display controller first. Remove power and USB, and then completely disconnect the display cable and carefully re-connect it. Then power the printer back up and see if you get a display.

Also, if you re-flashed the controller board, be sure that you used a version that was configured for the 8201.

Dr. Vegetable
He has a K8400 already has the LCD / SD card reader.

Check the screws that hold the 2 boards are still tight.
These machines like all of the rest shake a lot.
You might want to take the LCD apart and make sure the connections are good between the 2 boards.
It sounds like the control board is still OK.

Hi everyone,

Thx for your first answers “Wrong Way” and “Dr. Vegetable” !

“check the connections to the display controller first”: it’s real good connected

“Remove power and USB, and then completely disconnect the display cable and carefully re-connect it. Then power the printer back up and see if you get a display”: no more change :frowning:

“re-flashed the controller board, be sure that you used a version that was configured for the 8201”: I retry (for 8400 !) but no more change… :frowning:

“Check the screws that hold the 2 boards are still tight”: The screws are really and normally tight

“You might want to take the LCD apart and make sure the connections are good between the 2 boards.”: it seems OK.

Notice that on standalone (or usb connected) startup, led 4 and 5 (heater 1 and 2) are always “on”… and the heater always heat (with no stabilization on the limit of 210° as it is parametrized). I never can stop them since the trouble with the printer. And always no lcd :-(…

Maybe I’ll to print from usb a really small thing to see if it is possible (then I’ll probably disconnect heater 2 do to this test).

To follow…

Wait,

If the heaters are on without you turning them on do not plug the print head in.
You will need to contact Velleman for support and possibly a new board.

Hi,

I disconnect the print head when I saw that it always heat !

I buyed the printer in SELECTRONIC in PARIS.

Who do I need to contact: SELECTRONIC or directly VELLEMAN ? (I haven’t found how to contact them but I’ll keep looking for !)

Many Thx !

check first with your dealer. If he/she can’t fix it. You can contact us via support.velleman.eu