Multiplier extremely low

Hi walo,

sorry to hear that. Did at least anything good come from this, i.e. is there anything visible in the broken part that would explain this bad behaviour (non-stable flow etc.) of the hotend?

Cheers,
kuraasu

Hi kuraasu,

no, I cleaned the parts with the usual procedur, using the blowtorch and a piece of cloth and for the barrel a pipe cleaner. No unusual observations could be made.
So we’ll never know…

regards

walo

Could get a E3D hotend with a makeshift holder to work. Printed the holder from kuraasu for the E3D. After changing the makeshift holder to the printed one the same problem with the filament not being constantly extruded occured.
Realigning the extruder NTC fixed this, the E3D ist printing perfectly again.

So perhaps the problem with the original hotend were related to the measurement of the temp. I was using the same resistor for both hot-ends, so only the positioning could have caused this.

Well, I can print again, that’s the main thing!

regards

walo

So the holes stopped by shifting hotend?

After the original hotend was broken I had to mount the E3D with an improvised holder. With this construction I was able to print a holder that was intended for that hotend. After changing the improvised holder to the right one I did some calibration prints again, and now the flow of molten filament was very constant and no more holes appeared in the single walls.

regards

walo

PS: Meanwhile I think that I was tightening the hotend too much (more then 3.5 Nm). This flattened the curved washer and killed the heat-break functionality. Well, this is only another theory and I can’t proof it. But I’m very happy with the E3D anyway.