Mouse acting on it's own

Now that I have the printer up and running nicely, I have noticed one odd thing with the computer mouse.
I’m running XP Pro SP3, Repetier 0.95 and the Marlin 1. Wired in keyboard and mouse, 3.11 speed intel computer.
I set everything up and print my first project.

If I try and print another one after, I get the problem. Most of the time I will close the program and it comes up with a repetier error. I get the dialogue of ‘send report’ or ‘close’ like usual. “Repetier Host has reported an error and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience” is what it reports.

In both instances, the mouse starts behaving randomly. It’s extremely slow and as you move it, it randomly right clicks for no reason and jumps around the screen. If you try to move the mouse to the right, it right clicks randomly. If you left click, it zooms in instead and refuses to zoom out, and right click does nothing. The only way to get the mouse to do what you want is to move it excruciatingly slowly, and even then it sometimes jumps or clicks. If we can get to restart the computer, it still does it. If we turn off the computer completely, then press the button and start the computer again, the mouse returns to normal operations.
Checked the computer for viruses and malware, but is clean.

It only does it when Repetier is opened then either 2nd print or closed. All other programs are ok.

Just into the blue …

What kind of mouse software do you use?
Simply windows mouse driver or some “manufacturer made” Mouse software?

Oh, and by the way, i’d suggest to update to the latest repetier.

It just has the standard MS drivers for the mouse.
But I think I found the problem. There is a section which turns off the monitor after 20 minutes.
If I turn this off, the problem does not repeat. It seems that if it goes to the monitor time out, the problem starts.
Printed the last few days with it turned off and everything is working correct - no stuttering of the mouse.

So if someone else has this problem, just turn your screen monitor auto turnoff after XX minutes off.

Thanks.

John.

[quote=“nuggles58”]It just has the standard MS drivers for the mouse.
But I think I found the problem. There is a section which turns off the monitor after 20 minutes.
If I turn this off, the problem does not repeat. It seems that if it goes to the monitor time out, the problem starts.
Printed the last few days with it turned off and everything is working correct - no stuttering of the mouse.

So if someone else has this problem, just turn your screen monitor auto turnoff after XX minutes off.

Thanks.

John.[/quote]

Ah, nice to know!