Motor not working after firmware update to Marlin V2

Hi everyone,

I had the exact same problem - no X and Y motor movement after upgrading to v2 of the Merlin firmware.
The suggested solution to use Arduino 1.0.x instead of 1.5.x worked for me as well.

Damn, THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD…

I was looking for hours to find the mistake… resoldered almost every connection and my brain was smoking… i bought an k8200 1 month ago and build it part by part and last week i ordered k8203 and k8204 and my first filament with 1,75mm diameter and finished it yesterday for the first time, because i had no 3,00 filament i never used the original extruder. i was using the latest arduino software because i am learning a lot of stuff with arduino in the last couple of months… i flashed the marlin 2.3 firmware and it has gone crazy… the y motor always moves in the same direction no matter which direction you ordered… and the x motor just stucks and made some noise but never moved… because im new to this kind of hobby i thought i made a mistake building the printer so i tried almost everything to find my mistake. after hours of checking and resoldering i tried an older firmware and i was confused because the x motor has moved. before that movement i thought either the motor or the motor driver has an defect but when it moved i realized it has to be a software issue so i googled and i found this thread and then i found the mistake…

I JUST HAD TO USE AN OLD ARDUINO SOFTWARE 1.0

Thank you, thank you so much, everyone who was involved in this thread… you are my heroes because now you made me able to get sleep.

and to the velleman employers:
please ensure that you add an notification to the firmware downloads so people ARE ABLE TO KNOW what version they should use. Even the german construction manual has some nasty mistakes… but at all, thank you for your products, i love the DIY kits…

greetings, lesbo

I think your problem is that you used Arduino 1.5.8 for compiling the firmware.
There seems to be a library issue with the newer Arduino versions, that causes all sorts of weird behaviour.
Especcially non moving motors.

Try again with Firmware V2 and Arduino Version 1.0.6. -> arduino.cc/download.php?f=/ardui … indows.exe

Hi can somebody please help me
i want to update the firmware for the k8200 but when im in arduino and go to select the board the only one similar to mine is (arduino/genuino Mega 2560 or ADK) is this the right one

it’s the good choice to do : arduino/genuino Mega 2560 or ADK, just choose the right com port after that
Good luck

I too had the exact problem after upgrading with K8203 and K8204.

No X motor movement and Y motor movement only in one direction after upgrading the Merlin firmware.

Also X and Y home position was offset.

The suggested solution to use Arduino 1.0.x instead of 1.5.x worked for me as well.

Thanks

Any fix on this?

You can download version 1.0.6 from this link.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases#previous
This will work.