More precise pulleys with 14:24 gear ration mod

From now on my prints started to look good. :slight_smile:
I changed pulleys and use them with TMC2100 driver,
My new mod is here:
thingiverse.com/thing:2326564

I don’t know yet how TMC2100 is stable in this configuration, what with speed. I need more time for tests. If not I’ll go back to LV8729.

Hi, I know this isn’t really related to your topic but I was just wondering how you changed to the tmc2100 drivers. I got mine in the mail a few days ago but I can’t get them to work!
Can you please help me out? (I made a topic about this you can respond there)
Thank you

First you may be interesting in my topic I posted few days ago
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18964
First you may be interesting in my topic I posted few days ago
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18964
LV8729 is interesting option as well but you know, I have to print more on this configuration to prove it is ok.

I’ll write little how-to about TMC2100 but now I can’t because I’m trying to do sth with cooling, head is spread out over parts, have a lot of bolts on table :D. Can’t turn it upside down and make photos.

it is easy. you have to decide. cut circuits on main board and solder goldpins, install normal jumpers.

or: now I rather recommend other method - remove pins from TMC2100 driver as described how not to do here :smiley: :
ultimaker.com/en/community/1157 … ers-on-umo
there are two sentences that are not true for K8400 board:

1. “Don’t do that! It is simply not necessary and may, at worst, harm your mainboard.” - YES, you have to do that.
  2. “Also don’t remove any pins” - YES, you have to remove them.

I increased voltage to maximum, 17V, but I also changed a little maximum PWM for heater and fans, and all I do I do it for own risk.
At 15V motors with TMC2100 squeal a little.

Those pulleys with gear ratio 14:24 may by important for TMC2100 to
It is really important to remove all clashes, every mechanic parts should move easy and smooth.

I recomend to install this mod:
thingiverse.com/thing:966056

I have plan to replace this main board for 32 bit, so I will not worry when I burn it (again).