More Information please

I now have one of the new EDU10 boards I have two immediate questions.
1: How do you make a program run ? on my old board there is a run switch.
2: When using a PIC ,with say 18 pins, which end of the socket do you insert the chip ?
I guess with pin 1 nearest the external power input, but I would like to check.

Thanks Dave

Also a circuit diagram showing which pins each of the elements connect to, ie the buzzer, the leds, the switches and so on.

1. The program runs immediately.
  2. Please note that the supplied experiment board only works with the supplied PIC.
    If you wish to program other pics, you need to either program in-circuit, or make a small board with a ZIF socket and wires that connect to the programmer.

[quote=“VEL417”]1) The program runs immediately.[/quote] [color=#0000BF]If using the “External PIC Supply” , the green connector with the two screws…

but if you want to use the USB power connector, without having the pick kit 2 program running on a computer, just weld a strap (wire) or a switch behind the two “pins” (not really pins but i don’t know how to tell it in English sorry) just on the left of the PIC16F882.
A white line is drawn from the “pin” on the programmer board to the “pin” named “+5V USB” on the tutor board … easy to locate …

Do it at your own risk ,… but it works well with my smartphone …
[/color]

[quote=“weatherman5”]I guess with pin 1 nearest the external power input, but I would like to check.[/quote][color=#0000BF] Yes, precisely next to the reset switch.
As every PDIP package there is a little round hole on the side of the first pin.[/color]

[quote=“weatherman5”]Also a circuit diagram showing which pins each of the elements connect to, ie the buzzer, the leds, the switches and so on.[/quote] [color=#FF0000]For me its a huge lack . I thing that 's the minimum to explain witch switch/led/etc is connected to the I/O of the microchip !!! [/color] [color=#0000BF]with many (all?) of my Velleman kits y had a scheme of the PCB … why not here when its more important ??

this will be smart to explain to people to don’t connect external power in the same time than USB ? or not, if there is a protection ?
and to explain how to separate the programming board and the tutor board and to program the tutor PIC using J2 and J4 connectors…
like J1, ? what 's his job ? updating the pick 18F2550 ?[/color]

[color=#FF0000]to resume : nice kit, but huge lack of informations about everything…[/color]

[color=#0000BF]If you need explanations about the instruction, in the PIC kit 2 software go to the help menu and chose “44-pin demo board user’s guide” . I found that i need into chapter 3 (Page 14)[/color]

EDIT : I found it on the microchip website : http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/41296B.pdf

Microchip Datasheet : http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/41291G.pdf

Hi

I have received a pdf from Velleman showing the EDU10 board layout but do not know how to put it on this forum ?
If there is a way to share this with people do please let me know, thanks.

hi, you can send it to me by e-m@il , i will upload it on mega.co.nz and post the download link here asap

thank you

edu10-6_sch.pdf (89 Ko)
https://mega.co.nz/#!F5JxkQaQ!XUAJJS4sbebkul1hqeMYRTumHOImraAK9C3qTudVkp0

Here is the scheme of the board.

Thanks to Weatherman5 for his share.