MK111 - Interval Timer - Quicker Switching

Hi,

On the MK111 Kit the two timer ranges are:

Pulse of 0.5 to 5 seconds and,
Pause of between 2.5 and 60 seconds.

Can anyone tell me how to reduce the pause time to the same as the pulse time range?

Thanks,

Jon

I would like to purchase one of these units, but I would also need to know how to reduce the pause timing to a similar value as the pulse timing. I’m looking for about 1/2 second on 1/2 second off. I’m guessing changing one of the resistors/capacitors would work, but I have no idea which one or what value (my electronics knowledge is zip). Can anybody help me?

To reduce pulse to approx 0.5s, turn RV2 all the way down and replace R1 with 470 ohm.
To reduce pause, decrease value of C3. Sorry, no value, please experiment.

OK, just found in this forum that reducing C3 is what I need to do (but no values). Would fitting a 47 micro farad capacitor get me in the ballpark?

Also, I am planning on powering the timer with the same power sources as my switched load. I will be using a 3 cell LiPo battery, so voltage will range from 12.6v fully charged down to approx. 11.3v as battery gets depleted. Will this cause a problem with the circuit?

[quote=“VEL417”]To reduce pulse to approx 0.5s, turn RV2 all the way down and replace R1 with 470 ohm.
To reduce pause, decrease value of C3. Sorry, no value, please experiment.[/quote]

Thanks. Must have been typing my previous post at the same time as you posted this one. Would I be anywhere near with a 47 micro farad cap, or is too big/small a change. I have no idea how much a 50 micro farad change would be in practical terms.

Should work fine from those batteries.
Most likely a 47µF cap will still result in a too long pulse.
Try e.g. 10µF