MK 139 - Practical advice

Hi everybody,

I was looking for a switch that could be operated by clapping your hands. I found the MK 139-set, but I have some practical questions about this set.
First of all, where do you put the set? I’m willing to use this set to switch on the light in my bedroom. Does the kit have to be in the same room, or is it possible to ‘detach’ the mic and place it in the room, while the rest of the print is in the room where my electrical distributionbox is, or is it better to connect the mic directly to the print in order to have a correct working system? The print is almost 8 by 8 cm, which is rather big to put in the wall, and when there is a problem, I’d have to reopen the hole I made earlier to check the circuit board.

A second problem is the usage of normal switches. Can you use this set in combination with regular switches, or is it better to use push-buttons? I guess push-buttons would be the best solution. When I set the kit to give a pulse when I clap, in combination with a remote switch operating at 24V, the system should work properly. By placing extra push-buttons in parallel, the system should still work properly, or have I missed something?

Hopefully somebody can help me with these questions.

Thanks!