MicroCapture software for Digital USB Microscope CAMCOLMS1

After being in use, the MicroCapture program will not close until the USB Microscope is unplugged from the PC. This practice is however strongly discouraged by Velleman in the user manual. In my case this is the only way of getting the program to close. It seems to go into an endless loop and not even forcing it to close under the Windows Task manager helps.

Then there is the problem of changing the view resolution whilst in use. This action causes the program to hang and then you return to the original problem of trying to restart the program. The workaround for this was to start MicroCapture without the microscope plugged in, set the resolution to my desired setting and then only plug in the microscope.

I have tried an updated version of MicroCapture (Ver 2.5) from a different vendor but it has the same problem. All that remains is perhaps the USB driver provided for the microscope?

Has anybody on the forum perhaps experienced similar difficulties with this product? Is there a solution available?

OS details: Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit Service Pack 1.
HW details: Dell Latitude E6430 laptop computer. Intel I5 processor, 4Gb ram.

Hi,

You should post your question in the following link.
http://www.velleman.eu/support/contact/?product=411292