Mesure température d'impression-printing temperature measure

bonjour,
j’ai récemment acheté un controleur de température à thermocouple et par curiosité j’ai fait un petit montage sur ma tête d’impression pour controler la température et grande surprise:
pour une température d’impression de 175 degrés c je mesure 186, pour une température de préchauffage de 210 degrés c j’obtiens 245 degrés c
nb :le point de mesure se trouve juste au point de mesure de la thermistance d’origine
à quoi cela peut il etre imputé ?
j’imagine une impression d’ abs à 210 degrés … on doit etre au environ de 280 degrés
merci pour vos idées

Hello,
I recently bought a thermocouple temperature controller and out of curiosity I did a little editing on my printhead to control the temperature and surprise:
for a printing temperature of 175 degrees C. I measure 186 to a preheat temperature of 210 degrees c I get 245 degrees c
nb the measuring point is right at the measurement point of the original thermistor
what good can he be blamed?
I imagine an impression of abs to 210 degrees … there must be at about 280 degrees
thank you for your ideas

C’est dû au fait que la courbe de la thermistance n’est pas correcte et que celle-ci a de plus des tolérance de l’ordre de 10%.
C’est la raison pour laquelle on réduit les températures car celles d’origine sont de fait largement supérieures à ce qui est indiqué.
Les valeurs varient d’une imprimante à l’autre en fonction de la tolérance des composants et de la manière dont est montée la CTN.
Sil le préchauffage à 210 te donne 245° en impression c’est pareil. J’imprime d’ailleurs mon ABS à 210° voire un peu moins selon les couleurs.

Si tu as un thermomètre à thermocouple, c’est le moment de calibrer ton imprimante;).

slt raby
oui c’est ce que je vais faire , j’ai commandé des ctn 100k et je vais faire le montage cf :www.arduinoos.com ca n’ a pas l’air mal, je tiendrai au courant de l’évolution des choses…
bonne journée
jm

Please check this poost, it may be helpful : http://forum.velleman.eu/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=15032

Hello HOH61 and thank you
I read the link, I actually found the same symptoms: I think the fan brought a significant change in the temperature of the head as it says in the post.
I found large differences between temperatures displayed by repetier and reading on the thermocouple. I tried to fix it but the fan continues to raise the temperature to compensate.
the only solution I found was to lower the printing temperature (for printing pla: 175; real 186 degrees c)
the problem is preheating to 210 degrees c I get 250 degrees c
and I do not know how to change …
I continue to seek
jm

I have mentioned somewhere else in one post that the only thing is to overcome this weakness is a different design of the heater block. A workaround may be a better thermal coupling of the thermistor by using thermal grease (non-conductive). In between I learned that the most common thermal compounds are specified only up to 150°C. So suitable thermal filler are only a few and relative expensive.

That*s why I’m working on an alternative hotend design.

Just change the temperature in the “configuration.h” file and reload the firmware.
Search for “preheat” :

[code]// Preheat Constants
#define PLA_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 210
#define PLA_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 0
#define PLA_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 165 // Insert Value between 0 and 255

#define ABS_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 245
#define ABS_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 0
#define ABS_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 165 // Insert Value between 0 and 255 [/code]

Je confirme que depuis la modification, je n’ai plus le moindre problème de cet ordre :wink:
Ce qui est dommage vis à vis de la réputation de cette imprimante, c’est que, de mon point de vue, 80% des problèmes viennent de là…
Ceci dit, les thermcouples de ma Makerbot 2x n’étaient pas non plus au top, et j’ai du en changer un.

bjr joker
tu as raison. dis moi, voudrais tu poster quelques photos de ta modif pour la thermistance ? j’en ai acheté chez emotion tec mais je ne trouve pas la bonne solution pour la fixer sur la tete d’impression…les boules de verre sont tellement petites… dois pas etre doué!!!
ca me rendrait bien service!!
merci d’avance
jm

I have opened a new post which may be interesting for you too:
http://forum.velleman.eu/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18082

hello hoh61!
yes i saw it
thanks for sharing
jm

Et voilà:
Le lien avec la page:
goo.gl/6hgKBL

quelques illustrations:

Acheté qques € sur Internet

De ma scrap box: un peu de dextérité pour le cambrage de la piece sera nécessaire

Indispensable pour le contact thermique

En place

A quite impressive solution. As an additional comment I would propose to place a slight hole underneath the temperature sensor. Diameter as large as the glass fitting, 0,5 … 1mm deep. This will mechanically fix the sensor a little bit better and a provides a bed for the thermal grease, giving a better thermal contact by increased contact area. The latter is the key feature!

I would recommend this for everybody who likes to maintain at the original Vellemann hotend. But be aware of the risks when dealing with glass housings and strong forces on the screw.

I also made some measures with a thermocouple. At room temperature the measures are equal.
At 210° on the LCD the thermocouple shows 230°.
Some of the registered temperatures :

Thermistor - Thermocouple :

60 - 63
95 - 101
100 - 106
150 - 167
200 - 217
210 - 230
220 - 245
So, the higher the temperature, the higher the difference.

Please, keep in mind that the solution that I suggested is the early one and I wanted to be able to retrofit this solution. It helped me bringing the proof that the thermal gap in the original design was at the origin of multiple problems and that bridging this gap would definitely fix the printing issues. Starting from there, many options exist. I am currently using a variant from this original design. Ideally, the thermal sensor should be retained by a spring loaded mechanism in order to insure proper thermal contact and prevent breaking the glass bead.

Could you post some pictures of some prints before and after the modifications?