Manual revision

Now posted in the right forum :smiley:

Hi Velleman support team.

I have now assembled my K8200 according to your online manual.

I really like the concept and the way you created the manual. Pictures are very good, but a drawback is that if you click on the pictures to see things more detailed, it just pops up a picture in the same size and not really to much help, if the intention was to see something close-up. Especially the screendumps for the setup of the software.

What my topic is about isā€¦:

The chapter ā€œUsing the printerā€ really needs a refresh / up to date revision. The setup of the software and configuration og the printer, is based on Repetier ver. 0.84. There have been three newer versions of the program since that, and now the latest ver. 1.06. Many, if not all, of the illustrated screendumps differs a lot from the current version, and the user has to guess around where to find things, as the layout of programs happens to change during newer versions. This chapter really needs to be revised so it is up to date and the screendump examples are identical to what the user sees on his own screen.

But Again, very good concept for the manual, step by step and explaining pictures.

By the way, there were only 4 pcs. of circlips in bag nr. 3 where its supposed to be 8 pcs. (have been sorted out with the dealer)

Best regards
Thomas

Hi,

You could download this version.
It is already configured and has the drivers for it in one install package.
http://www.k8200.eu/downloads/files/downloads/setup_repetierhost_k8200_0_95f.zip

Thank you for your feedback.
You are right, the manual could do with an update.
Weā€™ll definately put this on our todo-list.

[quote=ā€œVEL417ā€]Thank you for your feedback.
You are right, the manual could do with an update.
Weā€™ll definately put this on our todo-list.[/quote]

It is amost August. I am struggling with setup/connection and could use some up-to-date information. I assume, some owners of the k8200 are interested more in the printing/design part of 3Dprinting and are less familiar with the intricate details of hookup, communication settings, etc. I am willing to learn and trying to understand but the proper documentation is neccessary to start the process. The quality if the documentation should be tested by someone with just basic knowledge. It seems the construction manual has been created in this spirit. When it comes to using/connection it seems it has been written by a nerd, who if course knows what he/she is taking aboutā€¦
It generates a lot of uncertainty. I still hope, one day I will make this printer work somehow.

Please let us know the exact nature of your problem, so that we can give some hints.

Thank you for your reply. Quite frankly I need more than just a hint. I was expecting an up-to-date Manual that refers to up-to-date programs and drivers with up-to-date screenshots. What I see in your manuals does not apply to my setup and unassumingly the setup of other users. Trying to connect the printer without a proper manual/documentation is almost impossible for someone who is not an IT person. Even IT person will have their troubles. Today a friend of mine is looking into it. He is a certified technician for big RICOH copy machines and printers. Even he is on a loss and can,t get the laptop talking to the printerā€¦ and he tried for some hours to understand whatā€™s going on. We even tried an ā€œolderā€ laptop running Win 7 instead of my new one running Win 8.1ā€¦

I guess, without proper documentation the only other option is to have someone from Velleman on Skype and walking me through step-by-step while confirming the setup. This is almost impossible to do for for more then a couple of customers. So what are you recommending how to proceed?

I value your input and hope, we can get this printer printing as I bought it for printing, not for a course of figuring out undocumented setups.

regards

Did you download and install the software in the link I posted above?
Once you do this go into device manager and make sure the com port installed, note the port number.
Go into printer settings of Repetier.
On the Connection tab.
Check that the com port is correct.
Check that Reset on Connect is set to Disabled.
Click on Apply then OK.
Make sure the printer is plugged in and powered on try to connect.

Also set the reference voltage for the drivers to 0.55.
This works better then 0.425.

Hi there, Iā€™ve just purchased and started to assemble a K8200. Iā€™m only on section 004 at present but am enjoying the process and am finding the instruction manual to be satisfying my requirements.

I have actually read it all as part of my build preparation BUT it stops at page 527 where it tells me to read the next chapters to find out how to set up and use the printer.

These chapters appear to be missing from the manual. Am I looking in the wrong place or has a version been uploaded that doesnā€™t contain these chapters?

Iā€™m just a couple of days away from not being able to use the printer as I havenā€™t a clue how to set it upā€¦ Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Weā€™d recommend to use the online version instead of the PDF, as it is updated more often.

When you get to chapter 19 ā€œAssembling the hot endā€ pay close attention to which thermistor you have.
There are 2 different types.
Also set the reference voltage to 0.55.
You can download the latest Repetier software (0.95F) and drivers from here.
http://www.k8200.eu/downloads/files/downloads/setup_repetierhost_k8200_0_95f.zip

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It certainly seems to be what I thought I was looking for. Onwardsā€¦ Yeah!

[quote=ā€œtholsenā€]Now posted in the right forum :smiley:

Hi Velleman support team.

I have now assembled my K8200 according to your online manual.

I really like the concept and the way you created the manual. Pictures are very good, but a drawback is that if you click on the pictures to see things more detailed, it just pops up a picture in the same size and not really to much help, if the intention was to see something close-up. Especially the screendumps for the setup of the software.

What my topic is about isā€¦:

The chapter ā€œUsing the printerā€ really needs a refresh / up to date revision. The setup of the software and configuration og the printer, is based on Repetier ver. 0.84. There have been three newer versions of the program since that, and now the latest ver. 1.06. Many, if not all, of the illustrated screendumps differs a lot from the current version, and the user has to guess around where to find things, as the layout of programs happens to change during newer versions. This chapter really needs to be revised so it is up to date and the screendump examples are identical to what the user sees on his own screen.

But Again, very good concept for the manual, step by step and explaining pictures.

By the way, there were only 4 pcs. of circlips in bag nr. 3 where its supposed to be 8 pcs. (have been sorted out with the dealer)

Best regards
Thomas[/quote]

Wow. After all this time and the same issue is still around.
I am missing 3 circlips from bag 3, so I guess things are getting better. 8-).

The screenshots are for 1.0.5, and the latest version is 1.0.6, is this what you are talking about? Are we looking at different things?

Not every vertex printer is missing circlips in bag 3, this is probably due to human error in your case, unfortunately. Please fill in a support request and we will send you the parts asap!

support.velleman.eu