Lost heating

All of a sudden the head refused to get hot.
Here is why.
Cant even detach the connector from the pcb.

Bad contact and high Amps and that’s what happens. Send a ticket to Velleman (http://support.velleman.eu/ where you explain your issue (and give a link to this post).

It has crossed my mind to do that but considering this connector is only specified for 1A I am not sure I want a replacement of the same.
Instead I have found a connector at Farnell.com which is physically the same measurements but it has gold plated connectors and can withstand 3A.
Its in the AMPMODU MOD II Series and the Farnell p/n is 1777020 (the male part)

Btw, I made a temporary solution by using the cables to the second head and connected the first head on the left side instead.

Hello monza64,

please have an eye on the details:

the part you selected has a tin surface on the connector and is similar to the one already assembled. The one with the gold plated contact pin surface is
1206778 (Farnell part number) and has the TE-Extension -2!

If you intend to replace the part you should have in mind to change the female part too. Due to the heating this part is damaged to and will have a poor contact resistance, Furthermore I expect an rough surface of the female part, which will damage the gold plating quite soon, generating a similar poor contact condition with the risk of overheating.

Once again a little detail: TE gives 3A maximum current per contact (dependant upon mating connector) !!!

However, it can be an improvement.

Both male and female will be changed. The are welded together so they are useless. I have both connectorx sat home already with gold plating.