LCD and printer stopped working

Hi,

I have the Vertex K8400.

Yesterday the printer stopped in the middle of a print. I didn’t think much of it, I turned off the power and went to bed. Today when I turned the power back on the display lights up, but I can’t read the menu any more. I tried twisting and pushing the button, and did manage to get the print head to move to home. Based on this it seems like the printer is working, but nothing is being displayed on the LCD. I’ve tried to restart the printer, and turn the power on/off 5-10 times. Keeping the power off for up to 1 hour in between. I’ve also tried to turn on the LCD contrast without luck. Ive also checked the wire to the LCD. So far nothing has worked.

I hope you can help identify the issue.

First thing you might try is to make sure the pins from the LCD are still seated in the board that has the SD card holder.
They may have come loose from the vibration.

[quote=“Wrong Way”]First thing you might try is to make sure the pins from the LCD are still seated in the board that has the SD card holder.
They may have come loose from the vibration.[/quote]

Hi,

Ive gone over all of the cables and connections, I cant see or find anything that is loose. What can I do next?

Check if the reset button on the LCD is not stuck (pressed by the acrylic panel).