LabView

Since LabView pops up every now and again on this forum, I’d like to take a poll to see how people got to use it and how many people actually use it.

I would like yo use it, however as I am semi-retired there is just no way it’s in my budget…

cliffyk

You can download a free evaluation copy here:

http://www.ni.com/trylabview/

Ed

[quote=“elm”]cliffyk

You can download a free evaluation copy here:

http://www.ni.com/trylabview/

Ed[/quote]

I have used several applications authored in LabView (one for sonically tensioning drive belts that was particularly nice) and am quite aware that it’s really neat.

This said, I am semi-retired (and would like to be fully retired some day), however as the government seems bound and determined to redistribute my wealth to those “less fortunate”, the likelihood of that happening gets more remote each day.

Short version: There’s no point in downloading an evaluation version of something I cannot afford.

trop cher !
more expensive for me !

For private and educational purpose student licences are available, e.g.:
Bishop: LabVIEW 8, Student Edition, Pearson, around Euro 40,00,
Bishop: LabVIEW 2009, Student Edition, around Euro 90,00
(auf Deutsch von Georgi oder Mütterlein, on français? Je ne sais pas :frowning: .

These are complete Labview packages, only limititation: no compiling to .exe-files.
For details see: http:www.ni.com/academic/

[quote=“rheinruhr”]For private and educational purpose student licences are available, e.g.:
Bishop: LabVIEW 8, Student Edition, Pearson, around Euro 40,00,
Bishop: LabVIEW 2009, Student Edition, around Euro 90,00
(auf Deutsch von Georgi oder Mütterlein, on français? Je ne sais pas :frowning: .

These are complete Labview packages, only limititation: no compiling to .exe-files.
For details see: http:www.ni.com/academic/[/quote]

There is no “private” educational purpose license offered, in fact it is explicitly stated that “Externally sponsored research centers, nonprofits, and organizations that are only loosely affiliated with academic institutions do not qualify.

And further that “Orders must be placed on an official university, college, or school district credit card or purchase order. Orders placed with personal credit cards do not qualify.

I suggest you read the “Who Qualifies for Academic Discounts” page more closely…

You can get the books I mentioned (incl. the student Licence) at any bookstore. What you refere to are the licences offered by NI and - only there you are right - you must be linked to an educational institution (but then the fairs are even better than mentionend above, subject to NI’s approval and interest in your project.

[size=85]I ask for more bland manners please.[/size]

[quote=“rheinruhr”]You can get the books I mentioned (incl. the student Licence) at any bookstore. What you refere to are the licences offered by NI and - only there you are right - you must be linked to an educational institution (but then the fairs are even better than mentionend above, subject to NI’s approval and interest in your project.

[size=85]I ask for more bland manners please.[/size][/quote]

I’m sorry, I didn’t see that those were books you had referenced.

I am a retired engineer and have actually contacted NI to ask about the possibility of a discounted license so that I might “play”, and perhaps post projects and solutions that might encourage sales of LabView–they were actually rather “snotty” and behaved as though I were some sort of lunatic for asking…

Got LabView from school so it was free…

Driving my K8055 Board with it… if someone interested in .vi’s pls PN me :slight_smile:

LAbView is great for programming with NI hardware or if you want to do image processing.

For me it’s great (free+ never learnd any programmers languages @ school)…

Hi, I’m starting to learn LabView and I would like to use the subVI providing by velleman for programing the k8055 module (velleman.eu/downloads/files/ … _k8055.zip), but I do not have LabView 8, I have LabView7.
Can anyone send me a copy of the subVI for LabView 7?
Thanks!

Yes! It is used almost exclusively in our faculty to control experiments and record data.
Unfortunately there are only very few labview-drivers for Velleman-Hardware…

Just built my first application with K8055 in Labview. So much easy, though I don’t like the driver. Anyone has a header file for K8055.dll, so that I can compile the dll and generate wrappers in Labview?

Here’s the header file for the K8055:[code]#ifdef __cplusplus
extern “C” {
#endif

#define FUNCTION __declspec(dllimport)

FUNCTION int __stdcall OpenDevice(int CardAddress);
FUNCTION void __stdcall CloseDevice();
FUNCTION int __stdcall ReadAnalogChannel(int Channel);
FUNCTION void __stdcall ReadAllAnalog(int *Data1, int *Data2);
FUNCTION void __stdcall OutputAnalogChannel(int Channel, int Data);
FUNCTION void __stdcall OutputAllAnalog(int Data1, int Data2);
FUNCTION void __stdcall ClearAnalogChannel(int Channel);
FUNCTION void __stdcall ClearAllAnalog();
FUNCTION void __stdcall SetAnalogChannel(int Channel);
FUNCTION void __stdcall SetAllAnalog();
FUNCTION void __stdcall WriteAllDigital(int Data);
FUNCTION void __stdcall ClearDigitalChannel(int Channel);
FUNCTION void __stdcall ClearAllDigital();
FUNCTION void __stdcall SetDigitalChannel(int Channel);
FUNCTION void __stdcall SetAllDigital();
FUNCTION bool __stdcall ReadDigitalChannel(int Channel);
FUNCTION int __stdcall ReadAllDigital();
FUNCTION int __stdcall ReadCounter(int CounterNr);
FUNCTION void __stdcall ResetCounter(int CounterNr);
FUNCTION void __stdcall SetCounterDebounceTime(int CounterNr, int DebounceTime);
FUNCTION int __stdcall Version();
FUNCTION int __stdcall SearchDevices();
FUNCTION int __stdcall SetCurrentDevice(int CardAddress);

#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif[/code]

VEL255, thanks a lot for the help, also for the other post of mine.