K8400 temperatue increasing just after power on

Dear all,
Just after plug in the power cable immediately heating starts and goes up and over the max temp.
I did replace so far:

• the heater block with the heater
  • nozzle
  • temp. sensor

As well I did upload the newest firmware vertex v1.4

Does someone have any idea?

Many Thanks
RAL

Dear RAL,

first of all remove the unlink the heater by unplugging the heater cables from the screw sockets. In this configuration you can see by the LED how the heater is behaving without the risk of any damage.

As a first idea I would think about a software problem. After a reset the heater shall be switched off. This is the first thing you should check.

If this doesn’t happen, there is most probably a hardware error, otherwise I would suggest that there is a software problem.

So after powering the printer the flash screen and the firmware screen should appear, followed by the standard status screen. If this is correct, please check the target temperature displayed on the LCD. If there is another value than “0” there is definitely something wrong with your firmware.

You may load the failsave configuration and store it in the EEPROM (necessary initial step after update of the Firmware!!!).

If this doesn’t help, please check your programming environment for the upload of the firmware. There may be a wrong setting.

Good luck.

This sounds like the control card is having an issue.
You will need to go to this link to open a support ticket
http://support.velleman.eu/

Dear Both,

Many Thanks for your feedback!!!

I did try out your ideas, in fact it seems to be a hardware issue.
I did demount the heater cables. When I then plug in the power, immediately the LED of the heater is on (RED), means it would heat immediately.
When I just switch the heater cable on the board from heater 1 place to heater 2 place (used for second noozle), the heater LED is OFF and only gets on if I start printing something, as well the fan runs from this time one (means if the cable would be plugged in, I assume it would start heating).

My conclusion is now, the board is somehow damaged?

Thanks and Regards
ral

There is a section in the manual that tells you to unplug the cable going to the print heads at first power on and check the LCD to see if it’s working and to look at the LEDs to see if they are turned on.
Also if you are doing a firmware update do not power the printer. Leave it unplugged.

Finally a new main board did solve all issues. :wink:

Many Thanks for all the feedback!
ral

Glad to hear you are up and running.
Enjoy!