K8400 - auto home not correct

First use of the printer - I use a windows 7 computer and failed to load the firmware for one nozzle.
Then I tried it wit another computer using Ubuntu and succeeded.

Now I go to chapter 4. calibrating the Z axis but what happens when I try AUTO HOME :

the print head goes to the rear right, so that is correct I guess, but the platform goes down like approx 1 cm.
I tried this several times and every time it goes a little bit lower, now it reached the bottom so I don’t know what to do.

Check the end stop for the Z axis.
Make sure it is plugged in.
You may need to run a soft cloth through it in case it’s dirty.
If none of that helps try swapping it with the X or Y end stop.

Thanks for the tips,
I checked the connections, everything seems allright. but I did not yet swap it with one of the others
One thing : the other end stops have a red led burning
the one for the Z axis not
what does this mean ??

It sounds like it is not receiving power.
Try unplugging it and replugging <-- (I don’t think that is a word lol) it

When I switch the connections of the end stops, on the print
the led of the Z end stop does not work at all, the others do
so there is power on the print socket
Does this mean this end stop is broken ??
How do I get anotherone ?

Yeah, sounds broken, if the enstop doesn’t light on a different connector - did you check the wire itself?

You can open a support ticket under this link here: support.velleman.eu/

To check the cable try swapping the X or Y with the Z end stop of the control board to see if it will light up.
This should tell you if it’s the cable or the board.
Do not try to run the machine with the cables swapped.

can I not measure the voltage of the cable, because I have everything so neatly tied ??
I will try this first : I will test one of the working cables and the Z cable must have the same tension, no?
Sorry if I don’t use the correct terms , I am dutch (flemish) and technical lingo is sometimes hard…

If you have a multi meter you could check for continuity on the cable.