K8203 Nozzle stuck

A few weeks ago, I installed the K8203 on my K8200, after a couple of succesfull prints I tried to change from my standard grey PLA filament to bronze colored PLA filament and after a second print, which was a long one, my nozzle got stuck. I took all the part apart and located the problem back to the nozzle itself where the filament got out. After a few attempts of using cleaning fillament, retracting fillament while the temperature dropt below 90 degrees, I got no succes or any kind of improvement on my situation.

Now I want to try to clean my nozzle by using this technique:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZTeEvJrfzA

However, for that I need to get the nozzle loose from the heating element. My question is: How do I get the nozzle loose?

Whenever I change K8203 nozzles, I find a countersink punch and a mallet work really well after loosening up the screw. It ruins the nozzle, but it was toast anyway.

I set the nozzle and heater block with the tip facing up on my bench vise supporting the heater block. A couple of good taps on the nozzle drives it through the hole.

Hope this helps!

-D

Try removing the retaining screw and inserting something into the compression slot to see if you can widen the heater block opening slightly. Sometimes it is necessary to grab both parts with pliers or vise grips to pull them apart. Rotating the block as you pull can help get it loose.

You can also try to clean away any residual burnt plastic by immersing the nozzle in boiling water, or soak it in acetone. (Remove the heating element and thermistor first!) This may help to get it unstuck.