K8200 vs K8400

I like the design from K8200 but there is also Vertex K8400 with Dual extrusion. Which one would you buy today?
Where can I find photos from prints just printed with a stock K8200? Vertex uses 0.35 nozzle K8200 0.5 nozzle is there to much print quality differences? Do I need to buy Z screw upgrade (worth it?) and stand alone controller?

Caveat: I do not have the Vertex/K8400, but I have two 8200’s. Here is why I chose the 8200 over the Vertex:

The 8200 has a larger print area and includes the heated bed. It is also an open frame which has pros and cons. The open frame model is probably easier to make modifications to, but the closed box of the Vertex will protect your prints from warping due to cold drafts in the room.

If you upgrade the extruder and nozzle of the 8200, you can get the same quality prints that you would get with the stock 8400. If you want to upgrade to dual extruders, you will probably need to replace the stock 8200 extruder, whereas you can just add a second extruder on the Vertex.

The Vertex has a Bowden style extruder, which means that the filament is pushed down a long tube to reach the extruder. This means that you cannot use flexible filament materials on the Vertex.

Overall, the 8200 will be slightly less expensive and more hackable, but the 8400 may be a better choice for quickly getting to higher quality prints.

I’m writing from Germany. Actually Vertex with Dual head comes 50 Euro cheaper than K8200 with only one head setup, Z-Axis upgrade, standalone controller and 0.35 extruder upgrade.

If you want a 3D printer that works good “out of the box”, then go for the K8400.
If you prefer a printer that needs some enhancements, but a printer you can change easely to your requirements, then go for the K8200.

For a dual extruder (or tripple) however you will need to change the controller on the K8200, like to a Rumba controller.

The K8200 requires quite a few upgrades in order to produce a good quality print.
On the other hand: everything is possible with the K8200!

Personally, I prefer the K8200.

Regards

Today I bought Vertex with Dual Extrusion. I calculated about K8200 it is nice looking machine but dual Extrusion upgrade can be little expensive. Because K8200 Controller pcb limited to one extruder. I really don’t want to much tuning, I need this time for creating and designing my Projects.