K8200 rewiring and Thermocouple mod

Hi all!
I’m currently reworking the complete wiring of my K8200 to replace the ribbon cable.
I will make the parts available if i’m done.

Extruder motor, fan and heater are already done.
I routed the complete extruder wiring though printed cable guides and also fitted connector plugs to each loom for easier maintenance.
The thermistor is exchanged for a type-K thermocouple to allow more stable temp readings and higher temp range for my E3D Hotend,
for printing nylon and other high temp filaments.
I used the adafruit AD8495 thermocouple amplifier breakout to connect the thermocouple to the controller. adafru.it/1778
No changes to the controller board needed. (asides from wiring a 5v supply to the breakout board)
All connectors and the thermocouple amplifier are “hidden” in a case, mounted to the backside of the Z traverse.

(pictures come soon)

The X/Y axis and the heatbed follow.
The heatbed will also be equipped with a thermocouple and the wiring will be routed through cable chains. (thanks to raby for the Y axis cable chain stl)
more to come …

cheers,

Christian

Hi

I also try to connect a thermocouple from my E3Dv6 to my VK8200/SP Controllerboard.
This is what i use:
reprapworld.com/products/extern … oard_v1_0/.
Now i don’t know how to connect the external thermocouple to the board.
I know on the 18 pin header the lower-left is for GND and the 3rd pin is for +5v. So i can power the board. However the (S)ignal screwconnector on the External Thermocouple i don’t know where to connect to! I know that is must NOT go to the THERM1 header.
I think somewhere on the 18 pin header but where?
Do you know how to connect the External ThermoCouple to the VK8200/SP Controllerboard?

I also try to connect 2 z-motors to the VK8200/SP Controllerboard.
This is what i got:
reprapworld.com/products/electr … iver_v2_0/
You must hook up the board with +12v. Can i get the +12v from the 18 pin header on the VK8200/SP Controllerboard or must i use a seperate powersupply?
What situation must i use:
Situation 1:
Can i connect the existing motor to the z-motor header on the VK8200/SP and daisychain the wires to the external stepper driver on witch the 2nd motor is connected?
Situation 2:
Must i connect the External Stepper driver directly to the Z-header on the VK8200/SP and connect a 2nd External Stepper driver to the 1st External Stepper driver throug the STEPIN/STEPOUT pins on the External Stepperdriver?

On the reprapword site i cound’t find any information about this. Also youtube does not give me a straight answer.

You realy realy do me a big faver if you give me some information regarding this.

Thank you.