K8200 my Printer modifications, Milling and Drilling CNC

For US residents, there is a company called igus Where I got my TR8x1.5 from. Just in case you dont wanna wait on any metric parts from overseas.http://www.igus.com

My objects are 15% to hight,
i replace my z-axis with a M8x1.5, make the modification in the firmware for the z-axis step value and upload.

but all the object are still to hight 15%

Hi wallie,

could you be a bit more specific? Which part of the firmware did you modify, i.e. what was the “old” value and what did you change it into?

Your z-axis is now TR8x1.5, not M8x1.25, right?

Cheers,
kuraasu

Yes my z-axis rod is TR8x1.5 layer hight 0.25

new value - >#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {64.25,64.25,2133.33,600}
old value -> #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {64.25,64.25,2560,600}

when i print a cube 10mm x10mm x10mm the cube is 1.2 mm to hight.
try it with repetier and cura, both same problem

Hi wallie,

does your z-axis rod run very smooth? Or with a bit of friction?

Cheers,
kuraasu

Upload new eeprom setting with repetier, works much better print 10mm square cube hight is now 10.47.
so i need to fine tune eeprom settings z-axis value.

Hi wallie,

have you had a look at this? “Optimal layer height for your Z axis” http://calculator.josefprusa.cz/
With the TR8x1.5 spindle, the 0.05 mm multiples can cause problems just like the small difference in height you’re describing.

Cheers,
kuraasu

Good afternoon kuraasu,

Yes i use the calculator, for the optimal layer hight, set the layer hight to 0.15.
works good right now, thanks for reply…

[quote=“DCM”]Hello @ cheezy,
i don’t use the LCD from open-electronics, but i think it’s the same.
I have made an additional PCB for the correct pinout.
Can you post your pin configuration from the firmware?

Best regards,
DCM[/quote]

hi dcm , hi cheezy,

i have the same problem as cheezy with the open-electronics sd/lcd kit. i can access to the sd card through the repetier and print g-files, however, the lcd display shows no text/menu but only the backlight works.

if this is because of some wrong pinouts or pin mapping issues that you have discovered, could you please share this information? thank you very much !

Turn the small blue (contrast) potentiometer at the left site of the PCB.
beware it is a 10-turn potentiometer, so you have a number of times turn this potentiometer…

Hello printicus,
tell me a Email where i can send the correct Marlin firmware.
Or tell me where i can upload the file.

Best regards,
DCM

[quote=“DCM”]Hello printicus,
tell me a Email where i can send the correct Marlin firmware.
Or tell me where i can upload the file.

Best regards,
DCM[/quote]

hi dcm,

many thanks for your support. how can i send you a “pm” including my email address? … somehow i can not find the option to send any pm in this thread :frowning: … can you send me a pm that i can reply to?
(or do you mind to send the ziped files here in the thread as an attachment , so other people with the similar problem might benefit of it as well? …)

@wallie
thanks for your suggestion; i have already tried to change the display contrast but still no text on the display :frowning:

Hello here is the link,
with the working Marlin Firmware for the LCD Panel.
Please try them out and give me a feedback!
The firmware is for the K8200 with original parts!

file-upload.net/download-844 … 1.rar.html

Best regards,
DCM

[quote=“DCM”]Hello here is the link,

Best regards,
DCM[/quote]
hi dcm,

many thanks for the link/files . i am currently away from home for the holidays and i will test during the next days as soon as i am back home.
merry christmas and relaxing holidays

cheers

[quote=“DCM”]Hello here is the link,

Best regards,
DCM[/quote]
hi dcm,

i tried it but the display remain still dead (no text/menu, only back light works) and with this version i can even not see the files on the sd card through the repetier :frowning: … (with the velleman v2 version i can access to the sd card through the repetier and print them)

Can you send some Pictures from the lcd controller board and the mainboard?
I never use the repetier sd card function in the program, because the speed is to slow.
I use a cardreader from PC to upload the g-code files and after that i put it in the Lcd Controller
and print it!

Best regards,
DCM

[quote=“DCM”]Can you send some Pictures from the lcd controller board and the mainboard?
I never use the repetier sd card function in the program, because the speed is to slow.
I use a cardreader from PC to upload the g-code files and after that i put it in the Lcd Controller
and print it!

Best regards,
DCM[/quote]
i do actually the same; i copy the g-files into the sd card directly in the computer. the data transfer through the repetrier to the sd card is indeed very slow (but it works!).
i don’t have the chance to print directly from the sd card , since i do not see the menue on the lcd; this is why i have to go to print from the sd card using the sd card function of the repetier.

i will now probably send the unit back to the open-electronics for testing…

That electronic schematic.
How many is the ohm if you use instead of 24v a 15v power supply?

Thank you

hi

i am looking for a firmware (for k8200) who is ok with repetier Server because velleman not help me …

regards

Hi,

Try looking in the link below.
http://www.vellemanusa.com/support/downloads/?code=K8200