K8200 hot end part missing, and resistance reading on thermistor

Hi there,

I’m currently building my K8200. In the manual it says to insulate the soldered thermistor for the hot end with a white sock. I’m sorry to say there was no such sock in the kit I got. Are there any alternatives I can apply or do you have any suggestions where I can buy this sock? I addressed the issue with my reseller, but I don’t really have a lot of confidence in the outcome, since until now they have remained silent.

Also, when I measure the resistance across the thermistor, it reads 120-130 kOhm instead of the 70-100 kOhm indicated in the manual. Is it ok to keep using my current thermistor under these circumstances?

Kind Regards,

Hendrik

I’m just wondering. Does anyone ever get a reply in this group?

Yes, as a matter of fact I have had a good reply on my questions, but in a different post on this forum. I did get the part sent that I was looking for. They just haven’t closed this post (was confusing for me too at first). It might have to do with the virus thing also, I know Belgium has had relatively strict measures taken.

Hi Hendrik,
I have the same issue measuring. Did you solve it? I measure 128 Kohm.

Groeten van Ad

Yes, they had to send me a new thermistor. If you report this to your reseller, they will send you the correct one from the factory.

ok thanks for answering