K8200 Extruder mod for 1.75 filament

Im looking to modify the extruder to drive 1.75 filament.

Can you please let me have the .STEP of .DXF files for the 3 Aluminium parts, 2 side plates and the mounting plate

I can then make and modify them

Thankyou

Look here : thingiverse.com/thing:203292

The complete printer as *.skp and *.stl

Hy,
I print and use this one, very good design and use. GlloQ does a good job and design it for me to test my 1.75 extruder, all is ok. I use it before for 3mm to avoid blocked filament in the extruder

thingiverse.com/thing:819504

I print all Extruder parts, Plate A and B, clamps, etc…

I’m installing fast mounting thingiverse.com/thing:940235 to switch from 3mm to 1,75 filament.
Have a try, you wont be desapointed trust me :wink:

Ill go look, thankyou everybody

Hy,
here a pic of the modifications I did for my second extruder 1.75. All Hips / Abs printed (trying PLA now :slight_smile:

Better add a fan for the NEMA17
Good luck

Why did you add the fan?
The motor remains cold even after hours of use.

[quote=“fitchie”]Why did you add the fan?
The motor remains cold even after hours of use.[/quote]
Hum I add the fan because the motor was hot, maybe due to the quality of the Nema ?
It’s true with the original motor and 3mm extruder, the motor never get hot, but this one yes and I dont know why.

[quote=“Tag”]
It’s true with the original motor and 3mm extruder, the motor never get hot, but this one yes and I dont know why.[/quote]
That’s strange, my NEMA17 stepper motors remain cold.

Did you check the driver voltage?

Do you think I put too much voltage on the driver ? I use DRV8825 arrount 0.6 V if my memory is good
This heat occurs only with this motor, then I’ll wait it broke LOL
Or maybe the gears have not sufficient space between them and then the motor needs more power ?
I’ll check with another motor.