K8200: direct wiring of usb port

Hi Folks.

Now i’m also with the unlucky ones. that snapped the usb connector off the board.

I have some spare USB cables lying around, so i thought i’d just solder that directly to the PCB.
Then i don’t have to watch for the touchy usb connector anymore.

Only question .

Which pin (solder pad) on the board is which USB line?

I couldn’t find a board layout file that shows which connector from the Board schematic goes to which physical pad on the board.
Can someone point me out on that?

Hy,

Like that ? : hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i … 094950.jpg

if so you will find all what u need here :

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=12208

good luck

Thanks for your helpful reply, but i alrady fixed it by myself today.

Nice description anyway.

[quote=“ichbinsnur”]Thanks for your helpful reply, but i alrady fixed it by myself today.

Nice description anyway.[/quote]

Hello Ichbinsnur lol, I had your same issue this morning… I found the USB connector undetached… SO… I soldered 1 of the 4 footh and put glue on the other 3 left, and on the belly of the connector, so far I fixed, but I dont know how long it will last…
I just wonder How the connector could be broken… vibration? Temperatures??? No idea…
Im curious to know how did you fix the problem…
I was also thinking to create a support for the cable but im a little struggeling…

Well, the mecanical design of the usb connector on the controller is not really rigid.
When mine snapped off the 2 innermost solder pads also ripped off the board.
So i cut off the mini usb plug from an old cable and soldered the wired directly to some other places on the board.
To fix the cable i simply used wire straps and clampet id down to the controller base plate.

cheers,

Christian

I think it must be a weakness because mine came adrift last nite.

After a quick search of the Internet, the instructions were found and this morning I
Stripped a 3m USB cable and soldered the four wires to the board. Plugged in all the connections and now my printer is working again.

Having hard soldered the connections, I feel like the weak spot as been removed.

I hope you have good soldering skills. These wires are small.

I did the same. Ripped off my USB port and mounted another one that i didnt use melting glue to make the port stronger. So that one ripped as well. Now I wired one usb cable direct to the controller board.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3NV1NFwZv8nQmNEUkpFbl9zQ28

[quote=“Tag”]Hy,

Like that ? : hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i … 094950.jpg

if so you will find all what u need here :

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=12208

good luck[/quote]

I have the same issue but the thread that’s refered to in this reply seems to be removed ?

Hy there is another post there

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9412&start=30

But if you do exactly what’s shown on the pic, all will be ok

[quote=“Tag”]Hy there is another post there

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9412&start=30

But if you do exactly what’s shown on the pic, all will be ok[/quote]

Thanks! At first i couldn’t see very well where exactly the wires were soldered to but i got it fixed now!

Where to wire is unclear with glue over the top so I have taken a picture. The ground is connected to the back. Any pin that has continuity to the ground wire will work. I used small resister wires and pushed through from the bottom of board because can’t solder… The positive hooks to the light diode. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N8XjJtzlb4vRZ7d9xBTUkHTROL_X12BM/view?usp=sharing