Hey guys i built and got my 5x5x5 led cube and got it working with the default animation. My only problem is whenever i try and install the driver for the cube (i plug it in and it doesnt install correctly and then i uninstall and try again) it doesnt install right. I looked in C:\Program Files (x86)\Velleman\CubeAnimator\Driver\K8018 and the two driver files are there but it still says the driver didnt install correctly. I cant load my animation to my cube so im stuck with the deafult one. Any advice for me would be greatly appercaited. Thanks!
It would help if you would say what your O/S is.
If it’s Windows 8 try the following.
- Windows Key + R
- Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
- Click the “OK” button
- System will restart to a “Choose an option” screen
- Select “Troubleshoot” from “Choose an option” screen
- Select “Advanced options” from “Troubleshoot” screen
- Select “Windows Startup Settings” from “Advanced options” screen
- Click “Restart” button
- System will restart to “Advanced Boot Options” screen
- Select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement”
- Once the system starts, install the drivers
Hope this helps.
I’m using windows 7 not windows 8. And still can’t figure out why the driver isn’t installing correctly.
Are you browsing for the driver?
Even though Windows said it was search for the driver it will not find it.
You will need guide windows to it.
Also make sure you unzip it first.
Yea i downloaded the two files for it manually from online and put them in the correct folder unzip and everything but it still doesn’t work correctly.
Did you manually install the drivers?
yes i manually installed them because when i plugged in the cube it didnt install anything
I got it to work correctly. I can now send my own custom animations to the cube. I had to install the drivers manually an assign it to the driver that wasn’t being recognized correctly. Thanks for all your help.