K8097 Demo-Mode disable on start up

I use a Vellemann K8097 4 stepper motor control unit via the MotorLibNET.dll which works fine so far.

My question is: Is there any possibility to disable the demo mode to be activated on power up? The problem is that we attached some input signals which automatically forces the motors to move as soon as the power comes up and the demo mode is not disabled. At the moment we have to solve the problem by establishing the PC connection first, switch of the demo mode, and then power up the motor power supply unit. Nevertheless, this is not a sufficient solution since after a power loss the K8097 will start up again with demo mode enabled and the motors will start to drive straight into the boundary of movement and keep driving which for sure is not healthy for them.

Thanks for helpfull replies!

We’ll check with the designer and keep you informed.

Hello,

Does this mean, that demo mode is always entered on startup(power on) of the board? I’ve checked the manual, but there is no reference about this or I can not find it.

Is there an alternate way to start demomode without software (input switches or something) which I should be aware of?
If so, is there a HEX file available without demo function?

Greetz, Deekay

Hi,

I’ve uploaded a modified hex-file for the K8097. The Demo mode is now off by default.

Download it here:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08818311685348778364

Be sure to BACKUP your original HEX first.

Greetz, Deekay