K8089 with big LED display

Hi Guys i got a nice kit the K8089 and want to drive a big 12VDC driven LED display. Can somebody give me a hint, i used now the ULN2004 and the 7 segment display works reversed.

The segment that have to light up goes out and the segments that dont have to light up lightning up.
On the builded kit with the original led display’s its working like hell!!!
can somebody help me, i dont see it anymore grrrrrrrr

Happy we were able to solve this issue during your visit to our company.
Good luck with the project!

For the other users: ULN’s are open collector circuits. They are positive driven but their output switches to ground, hence the behavior that you noticed.
Furthermore, ULN’s have limited dissipation capabilities, so in this case, we recommend separate transistors.

Hello !

For a school project I chose this fun project and I had a few questions. After soldering everything, my teacher asked me to program my own PIC16F630-I/P to display my birth date on the 4x 7-segment displays. I am kind of struggling with my .c file because it doesn’t give me the results I want. Can I ask you kindly for a copy of the original clock .c file already programmed into the PIC16F630-I/P ? It would help me alot.

Thank you
Kindly

Samuel16

Sorry, the firmware is not written in C but in assembler.
Furthermore, the K8089 is not an open source project, so at this time we’re unable to provide the source.