K8062 error :(

I have a strange error that happens every time I open the DMX software with either the supplied program or Freestyler. :frowning:

When the either program is not running the DMX only has the power light on but when you run one of the programs the DMX light just constantly flashes and it tells the lights to do stuff but it’s just moving the head side to side constantly or it run through the gobo or colours all the time or even all 3 at the same time. :frowning: I have set things on the programs and it will try and do it but then it will return to doing the stuff said before in a new place or new colour/gobo.

I have soldered a few things before. So it might be a soldering error but I am sure I did everything right. Please tell me if it needs repairs, diagnostics or something I can check. :slight_smile:

Any help will be appreciated :smiley:

Thank you

Rob

edit: I have tryed it on 2 computers 1 XP and 1 Vista same error on both.

You may first do the tests listed in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=714

If nothing helps maybe the solution is in the last post of the thread.

I have finaly got my hands on a DMX terminator :open_mouth: Tho the problem remains, any other ideas ?

also the link to that other topic doesn’t work now.

Thanx

Rob

You may have to return your K8062 to check/repair.

How do I start that process :question:

Thanx

Rob

Return your unit to your distributor or to:

Velleman Tech. Dept.
Legen Heirweg 33
9890 Gavere
Belgium

Include a detailed fault description.

I sent the K8062 to that address. I have received it back but its still got the same problem plus there was nothing to say if you had done anything to solve the problem, has there been a mix up ?
If u sent an email I never received it.

Thank you

Rob

Is there a test report included (RMA number ?)
If we tested and it’s OK, there must be a problem with your configuration, cable, DMX polarity, terminator, fixture incompatibility,… ?

No nothing was included in the box, no test report, no rma number.