K8061 USB connect problem

Hi,

Back in 2010 I purchased a K8061 kit, got it assembled and applied power to check that nothing was getting too hot. The CPU LED LD12 was flashing, and the leds LD13 to LD20 were on. Then I put the assembled board away, and almost forgot all about it.

Now I’m trying to get it up running on the USB I/F, but no luck. When connecting to the PC USB port, the Power LED is ON, the USB LED is off and the device manager recognizes the board (listed under Other Devices as a K8061 USB Interface Board), but installing the USB driver fails (it is the latest USB driver version k8061_softwarepack_2011 downloaded from your website). Error message: The hash of the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is either corrupt or the victim of tampering.

Device

My system is a Windows 10 Pro 64bit PC (Win version 1703 OS build 15063.674).

rgds
Soren

To install the driver on 64 bit Windows 10, you have to disable the driver signature enforcement.
Please use the latest driver “K8061 driver update v4.0.0.0” available here: https://www.velleman.eu/support/downloads/?code=k8061&type=

Here you’ll find the instructions how to disable driver signature enforcement in Windows 10:

I prefer Option Two: “Use an Advanced Boot Option”

Hi VEL255,

Thanks a lot. That did the trick. Board is up and running.

rgds
Soren

No problem at all. Glad to hear it helped.