K8061 from xp to 7

hi, dear web master;
my machine is currently running with the k8061 interface cards on windows xp 32-bit as os. it is just working fine in these days.
but when i try to switch it to windows 7 64-bit(with the same procedures as i did in windows xp - loads the 2 dlls. into system32),
the programme fails and the message is ‘cannot load 32-bit DLL k8061.dll’. the programme of course refuses to run.
could you tell me how to do it correctly?
regards.
this, from kit

There are two alternatives to solve the problem:
1 - Put the DLLs to the folder SysWOW64 and write a 32 bit application.
If you want to write 64 bit application:
2 - Download the package: “K8061 update for Windows 64-bit OS.” from velleman.eu/support/download … 8061&type=
The package contains 64 bit version 4.0.0.1 of the K8061.DLL, 64 bit demo software and the USB driver version 1.0.0.2.
Uninstall the driver if it is the older version (1.0.0.6 dated 19/12/2007) and install the version 1.0.0.2 dated 24/08/2009
To test: Go to folder K8061Demo (of the extracted download) and run the K8061_Demo.exe

thank you for your swift reply. but neither of the alternatives work. i am using a lenovo thinkpad with window 7 64-bit home edition
as os. i put the dlls(k8061 & mpusbapi) into both of the system32 & sysWOW64 and run my 32-bit application, but the error
message is “cannot load 32-bit dll c:\windows\system32\k8061.dll”. any other suggestions?
i have one more doubt as follows:-
actually i do not have to connect the interface cards to my lenovo because i just want to improve the application by re-coding some
lines which will not interfere with the operation of the cards. is it a must for me to install the driver(of the k8061) in this case?

[quote]actually i do not have to connect the interface cards to my lenovo because i just want to improve the application by re-coding some lines which will not interfere with the operation of the cards. is it a must for me to install the driver(of the k8061) in this case?[/quote]It should be possible to compile the code without connecting the card and installing the driver.

but what about the 1st question for the persistence of the error message and the run-failure of the application(repeat: it is running
smoothly with windows xp)?

You may try following:
Remove the DLL from system32 folder and keep it only in sysWOW64 folder.
Your 32-bit application should locate it there.

done as instructed. i herein report my trial of running the application without installing the k8061 driver as follows:-

1. the application can open the deice but;
  2. it cannot call any function of the interface card(i.e. if the codings require to call a function, an error message of failing to find the function is displayed.)

Are you getting this error message: " An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)"?
If yes, please make sure to select platform x86.
For more info please see also:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5363
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4963
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18017

you could try following:
put off the DLL from system32 folder and keep it only in sysWOW64 folder. (Pass4sure 350-018)
Your 32-bit software should find it there.