K8061 - conversiontime A/D-inputs

The specifications for K8061 says:
[ul]Standard execution time 48 mS.
Enhanced execution time 21 mS with K8061_C.dll
General Responsetime 4 mS per command. [/ul]
What does responsetime mean ?

My question is about the conversiontime for the command ReadAnalogChannel compared to ReadallAnalog
If i’m only using let’s say three analog channels. Is it smarter to use command ReadallAnalog once, compared to three commands with ReadAnalogChannel ?

[quote]My question is about the conversiontime for the command ReadAnalogChannel compared to ReadallAnalog
If i’m only using let’s say three analog channels. Is it smarter to use command ReadallAnalog once, compared to three commands with ReadAnalogChannel ?[/quote] The general response time is 4ms per command when reading the digital inputs.
On analog inputs the sampling interval is about 3ms if all the 8 AD channels are read simultaneously.
If only one channel is read, the sampling interval is about 2ms.

For more data please see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8358

[quote=“VEL255”][quote]My question is about the conversiontime for the command ReadAnalogChannel compared to ReadallAnalog
If i’m only using let’s say three analog channels. Is it smarter to use command ReadallAnalog once, compared to three commands with ReadAnalogChannel ?[/quote] The general response time is 4ms per command when reading the digital inputs.
On analog inputs the sampling interval is about 3ms if all the 8 AD channels are read simultaneously.
If only one channel is read, the sampling interval is about 2ms.

For more data please see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8358[/quote]
OK,
Thankyou for the answer.

I’ve been experimenting with the command ReadAllAnalog, and there is a strange thing with it.
The command works. But if I turn off the power to the card and turn it on again, the card “halts”. LED RX/TX on the card goes out, and LED RUN starts to flash.
Command “connected” and “Powergood” gives false as result.
To get the card working again I have to pull the USB-connection and plug it in again.

The problem is related to the command ReadAllAnalog. Removing the command makes the card to work normal even after turning off/on the power.

I use Visual Studio 2010. Vb.net
I have tested with my own application, and the example in K8061_softwarepack_2011. Example K8061Demo_VB2008
I use driver v1.0.0.2 K8061.dll v4.0.0.0
Firmware on the card C3: @K8061USB Rev: V1.3 IC6: VK8061CPU Rev: V1.5

Do you have any ideas ?

As a solution you can try to use the version 3.0.0.3 of the K8061.DLL.
This version seems to work with the driver version 1.0.0.2 too.
This DLL requires the mpusbapi.dll to be put in the same folder.
Here is the link to download the DLL version 3.0.0.3 together with the mpusbapi.dll:
app.box.com/shared/n8xbsvghda

Please copy both of the DLLs to the folder Windows\SysWOW64.

[quote=“VEL255”]As a solution you can try to use the version 3.0.0.3 of the K8061.DLL.
This version seems to work with the driver version 1.0.0.2 too.
This DLL requires the mpusbapi.dll to be put in the same folder.
Here is the link to download the DLL version 3.0.0.3 together with the mpusbapi.dll:
app.box.com/shared/n8xbsvghda

Please copy both of the DLLs to the folder Windows\SysWOW64.[/quote]
Yes, this fixed the problem. Now I can turn off/on the powersupply without “crashing” the card.

Am I losing something by using K8061.dll v3.0.0.3 instead of v.4.0.0.0 ?
There must have been a reason for the later version ?

[quote]Am I losing something by using K8061.dll v3.0.0.3 instead of v.4.0.0.0 ?[/quote]You are not losing anything in the functionality of the DLL.

[quote]There must have been a reason for the later version ?[/quote]Yes, to “bypass” the mpusbapi.dll.
The latest DLL is directly communicating with the USB system.
The older version communicates via mpusbapi.dll.