K8055d.dll

Hello,

2 small questions:

• I have a 8061 USB board running with USB-UPT extenders (about 30m cable)…but after an undefined time the pc looses USB communication with the board…totally unreliable. I suppose (but not sure) that the 5V coming true the USB line get’s to low…is this possible? If so, can I supply 5V directly to the board?
  • I also have an 8055 USB board running on the same UPT-extenders…(as the 8061 is not working… :cry: ) With this board I don’t loose the communication but when I use the 8055D.DLL Version 5.0.0 (from 8055N-board) the pc starts to use a lot off memory and after a few hours the pc crashes…altough I can see that the amount of memory used by the application sometimes reset’s back to a low value… Can I use this new DLL for the ‘old’ 8055 board???

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,
Rob

[quote]I have a 8061 USB board running with USB-UPT extenders (about 30m cable)…but after an undefined time the pc looses USB communication with the board…totally unreliable. I suppose (but not sure) that the 5V coming true the USB line get’s to low…is this possible?[/quote]Yes, it may be possible.
Please see this thread for a solution: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7710

[quote]With this board I don’t loose the communication but when I use the 8055D.DLL Version 5.0.0 (from 8055N-board) the pc starts to use a lot off memory and after a few hours the pc crashes…altough I can see that the amount of memory used by the application sometimes reset’s back to a low value…[/quote]I am unable to reproduce the issue. I have run the K8055 card demo program with the DLL version 5.0.0.0 for several hours without any problems. The amount of memory used by the application K8055_Demo.exe stays constant.

[quote]Can I use this new DLL for the ‘old’ 8055 board???[/quote]Yes, you can. There is no benefit using the new DLL with the K8055 card.

[quote][quote=“VEL255”][quote]I have a 8061 USB board running with USB-UPT extenders (about 30m cable)…but after an undefined time the pc looses USB communication with the board…totally unreliable. I suppose (but not sure) that the 5V coming true the USB line get’s to low…is this possible?[/quote]Yes, it may be possible.
Please see this thread for a solution: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7710[/quote]

Ok, thx!!!..downloaded and installed → testing… :slight_smile:

Yes there is…some…I use SEARCHDEVICES to check if communication isn’t lost. The second benefit is the ReadBackDigitalOut…to check if a port is already active or not.