K8055 Visual studio 2005 c# or c++

I am trying to find the event handlers for all the inputs, analog and digital.
The example supplied has an event handler for the digital inputs because when pressed the check box is checked.
In the c# example the methods were included as externals, not that I have a problem with that but I don’t know the methods names for including.
If any one could help me either connecting the dll properly or help me connect the event handlers externally.

Thank you for your time.
Nadav

Available functions in the dll can be found in the following topic (.NET):
[forum.vellemanprojects.eu/t/k8055-visual-basic-2005/175/1)

Use these functions to communicate with the K8055. The dll is not event-driven, i think the software uses polling to update the checkbox.

can you direct me to a source that can explain polling.
can i use Polling as an event listner?

regards,
Nadav

Polling here means they used a timer to query the status of (all) inputs/outputs.

You seem know terms like event handlers, yet you don’t know what polling is… maybe it would be easier if you explained why you wanted to use an event-driven approach. We might be able to suggest a better solution.

First of all I would like to thank you for your time.

I am using the k8055 to connect several components in my house.
I have a sensor that when there is light it returns true else false.
I would like to know when the status changes.
I don’t want to use a thread dedicated to that sensor and suspend it for 5 sec every time.(is that some kind of polling)
I would like to use some kind of method that checks it in a more useful way.

thank you for your time.
Nadav

Glad to help, but I’m afraid that you are going to have to read the status of your inputs every n seconds or milliseconds to know if they have changed. The dll does not provide any asynchronous operations, eg events.

I’m going to check with R&D to maybe implement this in the future… an event driven approach is of course always a lot better :slight_smile:

thank you for the answer, ill check the website once in a while to see if there are any updates regarding the dll.

thank you,
Nadav

Have a look at www.industrialmightandlogic.com. They make an ActiveX control (and dotNet component) that supports k8055 and k8061 and provides a complete event model (handles the polling etc.).

There are also plenty of examples you can download including the source code for a small block programming environment that you could use for simple home automation (I use it for watering my lawn).