K8055 use like a DJ Interface Controller?

Hi guys,…

at first i would say, that im a german and my english isnt very good :frowning: I Hope you understand what i would do and what i mean…

Yesterday i built my K8055, because I would use it like an Interface Controller for DJs for effects, loops, play,stop and something more. The professional version costs over 250Euro and he calls Faderfox DX2!

What i mean is this:

The original thing is based on Midi, but i would make this one with USB 2.0
My Problems are the coding of the dll! I would use the controller with the program “Traktor Scratch Pro” of native-instruments.com

I hope you can understand what i mean and i hope more as something else that you can help me.

Greets,…

Dominik

And thanks for all what you write :wink:

If I understand right, you like to replace the TRACTOR KONTROL X1 in this setup with the K8055:

How the “Traktor Scratch Pro” software should communicate with the K8055?

Hi VEL255,

yes, right, you understand me :wink:

The TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 is perhaps the same as the FADERFOX DX2, both have the same functions, but the FADERFOX is a little bit easier to control.

The TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO Software don`t support the K8055, but i think it should be possible to insert the functions, because i can learn the program the control of the buttons on my K8055, or is my mindset wrong?

It should be possible to write a control file, that the K8055 conect the TRAKTOR SCRATCH Software…

Thank`s for your previous answere :wink:

I hope you can help me once again…

Greets,

Dominik

[quote]The TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO Software don`t support the K8055, but i think it should be possible to insert the functions, because i can learn the program the control of the buttons on my K8055, or is my mindset wrong?[/quote]Sorry to say - but I think this learning operation is not possible…
The K8055 is a low speed USB Human Interface Device (HID). The communication between the PC program and the hardware must go via a DLL, either K8055D.DLL or K8055D_C.DLL in case of C++ project.

You can download a package containing some demo programs and the latest DLLs and the documentation from this page:http://www.velleman.eu/distributor/support/downloads/?code=K8055&type=

Yes, i understand this, but my problem is i dont know how i bind the dll in the TRAKTOR Software, because i cant code the dll.

This is my first project with a Velleman hardware!

I`m a newbie at this thing of work :frowning:

Do you think it`s possible what i would do?

Dominik

P.s. How good is my english? :laughing:

[quote]Yes, i understand this, but my problem is i dont know how i bind the dll in the TRAKTOR Software, because i cant code the dll.[/quote]If you downloaded the DLL documentation (in German too) you’ll see how the K8055D.DLL is used.
The DLL can’t be linked to an existing software (.exe file).
Here a snippet from Wikipedia:
[color=#000080][size=85]Linking to dynamic libraries is usually handled by linking to an import library when building or linking to create an executable file. The created executable then contains an import address table (IAT) by which all DLL function calls are referenced (each referenced DLL function contains its own entry in the IAT). At run-time, the IAT is filled with appropriate addresses that point directly to a function in the separately-loaded DLL.[/size][/color]

[quote]This is my first project with a Velleman hardware![/quote]I think you have to look the example programs included to the packages I mentioned.

[quote]Do you think it`s possible what i would do?[/quote]Sorry to say - but it seems to be not possible. :frowning:

[quote]P.s. How good is my english?[/quote]Your English is good. :slight_smile:

seems working fine. but i had some issue while runing it