K8055 & sensors

Hello,

I’m working on a project based on a K8055 to make a weather station
I need different kinds of sensors to do so.

I bought a K8067 temperature sensor and, as far as I read, humidity sensor like this one
elfa.se/pdf/73/730/07305675.pdf can be used.

But There are only 2 analog inputs on the board.
Is it possible to use digital sensors also?
like this sensor?
sensirion.com/en/pdf/product … -SHT7x.pdf

What about 1-wire devices? Are they compatible?

I didn’t find any project using digital devices on k8055, like sensors or LCD displays. If you have some examples, it will be more clear in my mind.

Thanks in advance

What about using an analog MUX in front of the K8055 to expand the number of (analog) sensors you use?

Hi VEL255,

thanks for your answer.
An analog MUX is a good idea! I’m gonna try this solution.

But can you please tell me if it is possible to control digital sensors or LCD displays with k8055?

eSomeone has succeeded to control character LCD from the K8055.
See the thread: k8055 & LCD

About the digital sensor: Please note that the digital output speed of the K8055 is only one byte / 10ms. If the sensor accepts so low clock and data rates it should be OK.

h,i i just wondered what An analog MUX was :stuck_out_tongue:

For instance 74HC4051, 74HC4052 and 74HC4053 are.
focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cd74hct4053.pdf

Vel 255 said that a MUX should be an option, but is it possible to connect various kinds of sensors to one analog port (e.g. temperature, pH and conductivity). And how to program it? (I mean what should the code be?)

[quote]Vel 255 said that a MUX should be an option, but is it possible to connect various kinds of sensors to one analog port (e.g. temperature, pH and conductivity).[/quote]Yes, using an external analog MUX this is possible. Connect the sensor outputs to the inputs of the MUX. Connect the output of the MUX to the analog input of the K8055. Connect the channel select lines to the digital outputs of the K8055. (The channel select lines in the datasheet are marked with S.)
You have to add pull up resistors to these lines. The digital outputs of the K8055 are open collector outputs.

[quote]And how to program it? (I mean what should the code be?)[/quote]In the program just turn on the digital output(s) to select the MUX channel.
Then read the analog input voltage of the K8055.