K8041 Fan timer problem

I have some problems with the K8041 fan timer. When the light in the room is switched on, the LED on the PCB illuminates, but the fan(230VAC-14W) connected to the “SK2 terminal block” does not start. The fan makes a slight humming sound nonetheless. A voltage measurement on the SK2 connection provides 158VAC.
Connecting an ordinary tungsten light bulb (25W) instead of a fan gives the following result: 135VAC on SK2 and the light bulb lights up but flashes slightly (same result with another light bulb (35W) in another socket). Apparently the lightbulbs do not light up at full power. Between MT1 and MT2 of the triac I measure about 110VAC, I would expect something close to zero tough.
By only connecting a digital voltmeter, I measure 225VAC on SK2.
I have checked and re-checked the correct positioning of each component and all solder connections.
The fan works fine if connected directly to 230VAC.

Thank you for helping me out.

Experiments with a diode and measurement of the voltage on the gate learned that the triac that came with the kit, was a faulty one. Indeed the triac TIC206M (reference in Datasheet) should easily be triggered with the 840mV on the gate, but this one only lets the positive half-period pass, resulting in the flashing of the testing light bulb.
I replaced the faulty TIC206M by a brandnew TIC226M I had to buy in a local shop and the Fan timer works fine now.
A bit dissapointing the kit was delivered with a faulty triac and there was no reaction on the topic.

Regards

Sorry to hear you got a faulty kit and we did not answered.