K8018 Driver for windows 10

I built the 5x5x5 Led Cube, when connecting, sometimes it will write to the board, (Not the entire code of the cube) other times it would just not work. I did troubleshooting and found some bad connections on the drivers to the Led’s. Otherwise, the kit is wonderfull, just would like to use the software on windows 10.

Is there maybe a solution to this, or do I need some pointers on my troubleshooting?
USB-Driver (Windows says it’s working correctly)
Windows sees the hardware
When I send to Cube, it just hangs up.
Use task manager to end task
try again,… same problem.
How would I be able to confirm the software writes to the PIC?
I would appreciate some pointers,…
Is there maybe something I must Edit in the .inf file or the registry?
My system is 64 bit,…
Software runs in 32 bit mode.
Regards
Ian

This seems to be more likely a problem with the led cube itself, instead of a problem with running under Windows 10. The software can hang, if the led cube stops responding like it should.

Perhaps you can post some pictures of your led cube, especially the component and solder side.

There is a dedicated driver for Windows 8/8.1/10
velleman.eu/downloads/files/ … lktcdc.zip

I have the same problem. After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 the software hangs. Before upgrading the software worked fine.
Also using the dedicated driver for Windows 10 you mentioned in your reply doesn’t solve the problem.

Regards,

Oliver

Many of our kits have not yet been tested with Windows 10, so we can not confirm or deny that there are problems. We will do our best to get them ready for Windows 10.

C’est une blague? mon message a été supprimé? Je reposte donc un message: je ne parviens pas à connecté mon cube à mon ordinateur avec le cable USB, que dois-je faire?

We must ask you to not post a new problem in an existing topic. If the previous person still wants to answer, then we have two conversations mixed together. Start a new topic and link if necessary.

Your post was moved into a new topic:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16388&p=76272#p76272

Sorry for the late reaction.
It has been a while that I used my LED-cube.
The last time I used it, I had windows 8 on my PC.
The cube worked fine at that time.
Now I use windows 10, and I had the same problem as mentioned on this topic.
The communication with the LED-cube aborted each time.

In fact it looked the same problem as with my scanner (Canon LiDE210).
After upgrading to windows 10 it wouldn’t scan entire pages anymore, the communication hung each time.
This I solved by using USB2.0 ports instead of USB3.0.

And guess what … If I connect the LED-cube with a USB2.0 port the communication works fine.
So I think it’s a windows problem.