K4700 Speaker protection Kit problem

Having assembled the kit - I think meticulously - I find on testing that the yellow LED lights and after the 5/6 seconds delay dims - but the relays do not operate.
I have carefully checked polarity and can see no problems and there are no stray solder pieces whcih may be causing the problem. However there are some solder connections where the land between the solder points is very narrow and I am unsure if there is a problem in that area. If there was a copy of the track side of the pcb to refer to I could quickly tell but cannot see this anywhere on the site.
Grateful for any ideas…

Sorry, this forum does not allow picture uploads
If you can provide LINKS (e.g. by using a free online picture base) to HI-RES and SHARP pics of your assembly (both solder- and component side)
then we can take a look and provide some feedback.

Thank you for very prompt response.
Have tried a phone camera image but I don’t think good enough so will take pictures tonight, post them and provide a link.

I have posted reasonable pictures on flickr - which I have never used before -and I hope you are able to see them. Link is flickr.com/photos/wagb/ no passwords needed.

Hope it works!

Assembly looks OK.
Difficult to judge solderings.
Hereby a link to the PCB layout.
Please allow 1h for server update
velleman.eu/images/tmp/P4700.pdf

You guys are efficient!
Thank you, will check out the pdf. Some of the solder lands are very close and hard to see if there is a solder bridge or not, even under a magnifying glass but the print will at least tell me where there should be connections without the tedium of working through the schematic - which I’m not too good at anyway.
Will get back to you later, thanks again.

Can inform you that I have downloaded and printed pcb layout and checked every soldering point using a loupe! They are difficult to see clearly but I believe I can say that there are no bridges that should not be there. :frowning:

I removed and reseated the IC and all appears to now be working as it should. The yellow led does not however extinguish completely - I assume that is normal?
Otherwise thank you for your help, the pcb layout was of assistance although no problem was found.

Yes, it is normal that the led does not extinguish completely.

Dank uwel!

When posting about the K4700 in another thread, I saw this discussion. You might be interested in it. See here.